Skincare

:sob:I got a two pack of the regular hydroboost water cream fragrance free from Costco and while it is definitely not as good as the extra dry gel, it doesn’t feel like a normal gross cream.

2 Likes

I have those genetic dark circles around my eyes that never go away no matter how rested I am. I tried caffeine serum and it didn’t seem to make much of a difference. Has anyone else found anything that works well for that? Makeup suggestions are also welcome I guess!

3 Likes

I started using this based on your rec, and whoa it has made a difference. I went out without makeup today for the first time I can remember. I’m also using the ordinary’s moisturizer and loving it.

5 Likes

Is it the HA Moisturizing Factors one? I’ve been liking that too.

I’ve been so tired recently I’ve been passing out without doing my nighttime routine… need to get back into it.

2 Likes

Yes, the HA moisturizer. I like it a lot.

3 Likes

I haven’t found any non-makeup solutions, either. :frowning:

My efforts include a brightening cream, concealer in the darkest part, and a blurring powder. Specifically, I’ve been using the Milani Supercharged Brightening Tint. I like it but I’ve heard good things about the Becca Eye Brightener. But that one’s kind of expensive and I’ve also heard good things about the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser. When I say concealer in the darkest part, I try to put concealer just in the crease that forms the circle. Does that make sense? I’m trying to erase the line. Of course you have to blot it to blend but I’m trying to get the lightest part in the darkest part in order to sort of erase the line. And then I pat some of this in.

2 Likes

New year, new sunscreen tried. New episode of eyelid dermatitis and extreme itchy misery. :melting_face: I give up. So hard core. I’m becoming a hat lady and embracing my cancerous future, I’m done fucking trying.

10 Likes

I had my first allergic reaction to sunscreen today! Never happened to me before. I’m sorry it’s so rough for you.

5 Likes

At least this one had the courtesy to do it nice and quick, day after swelling, instead of the weird cumulative effect over several days guessing games I’ve had other years.

6 Likes

Do you want me to go to Korea to pick you up the good stuff you can’t get here?

Hats work too. You can go full regency/old Asian lady and get a little sun shrug too

7 Likes

It was one of the Korean ones you recommended me :sob:

4 Likes

UGGH tell your skin it needs to be chiller

6 Likes

Ooo maybe a parasol in addition.

(I’m sorry about the sunscreen woes, Bracken)

6 Likes

I am so sorry. I get this too. It sucks, takes forever to clear up :weary:

1 Like

Or full Japanese lady and opt for the face shield

6 Likes

I have a co-worker who carries a parasol and I will say, he is extremely well preserved.

8 Likes

this made me giggle

4 Likes

This is the LEAST of the reasons this needs to be true :smiling_face_with_tear: may it come to pass :pray:t2:

7 Likes

I’ve been getting very painful pimples. It feels like this goes back to when I started using skin care, but I have discontinued everything except The Ordinary lotion - which I had used before - and Dove soap, which I have used for many years.

And they are still forming. Has anyone else experienced this? If it was a bad reaction retinol or vitamin c or something, how long would it take for my skin to calm down?

Or maybe it’s just a coincidental perimenopausal symptom to go with my new 25 day menstrual cycle?

Fortunate they’re not super visible but they’re painful AF.

5 Likes

Are they forming in a specific location? If primarily chin, I would say probably hormones.

2 Likes