Skincare

Yes!! Hope you can get tickets!!

If you guys also go we should all meet up for dinner beforehand!! :smiley:

1 Like

Makeup people! Why do all complexion products end up looking stipply (cakey? But not really quite that bc I don’t apply much) on my skin? Is my skin just too textured/pores too large? Is it a sign the shade is wrong? Doesn’t matter how or when I apply. Or maybe this happens to everyone and I’m just not used to it?

3 Likes

There are a few possibilities to troubleshoot!

1. You may need to exfoliate.
  2. You may need to moisturize more.
  3. You should use a primer if you are not currently using one.
  4. After you apply the product let it set on your skin for a minute, THEN gently wet the makeup sponge and “apply” a thin layer of water to your face, over the product. I know this seems weird, lol. For some reason a lot of makeup channels don’t mention this step but if I don’t do it I will 100% get the cake-y look. It won’t actually take off the product, just pat the water on rather than wiping it. But it will def make the product look more seamless on your skin.
4 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m looking to simplify my morning moisturizing routine. I’m hoping to find a daily face sunscreen that is moisturizing enough to also be my daily face lotion. I have very very dry skin and I burn easily. I am not prone to breakouts, but my skin is sensitive. I think my face hates shea butter in particular but I have not managed to narrow down what other ingredients cause my face to feel like it is literally on fire. I’m in my mid 40s and my skin is starting to get more noticeably wrinkly. I am also sensitive to artificial fragrance as I’m one of these people that sometimes gets an instant migraine when I’m exposed to certain scents, so unscented is preferred.

I am also looking for something to lighten dark patches, but don’t want to slather that type of product all over my face, just where it is needed.

2 Likes

I’ve been using this stuff for just a few weeks and am already seeing results! It’s expensive but it comes with a tiny pump and a little goes a long way.

2 Likes

I have extremely dry skin and sensitive skin. I love this and it’s definitely moisturizing enough to use as a stand alone. I was worried it wouldn’t work because I’d never used a serum sunscreen but I’m fair skinned and it’s worked for for me! The only possible downside is it can make you look a bit shiny if you use too much.

2 Likes

My skin isn’t super dry but I have never objected to more moisture!

Is it greasy or sticky at all? I should also probably upgrade my sunscreen once I run out. My current facial one is only SPF 15. Also, want to “refer a friend”?

Me too!

I have been pretty diligent about sunscreen (praise me @noitsbecky!) but it’s making my forehead break out :sob:

I have t-zone oily skin and it’s not appreciating the additional oil. The rest of my face is probably “normal”. Please recommend sunscreens that will play nice with my forehead!

4 Likes

Great job, Meow!!! I’m so pleased to hear it!

I’'m sorry I don’t know what to recommend. Sunscreen has never made me break out.

2 Likes

It might be related to what cleanser you are using? I got a lot of mileage out of using a cleanser that was pH neutral-to-acidic (i use CeraVe foaming face wash or whatever it’s called). I also got a lot of mileage out of ‘double cleansing’, though I never got a real oil cleanser, I just used some grapeseed oil from the kitchen to massage my face/makeup a little before washing it off with my good cleanser. After that, I’d suggest more chemical exfoliants or doing a deep dive on how to track down ingredients that irritate your skin, but that last one is a real pain and actually really hard.

3 Likes

After trying several different facial sunscreens, the one I’ve found that doesn’t make me break out is Cocokind! It sounds like we have somewhat different skin types (mine is just straight-up oily, and I break out around my nose and mouth mostly), but it may be worth a try. I got it at Wegmans so it’s probably available anywhere you can buy hippie face stuff.

3 Likes

You may need to go to a Sephora and get a few samples–that’ll be the fastest way to find something that doesn’t break you out. Also, look for one specifically formulated for the face. I have better luck with those generally. And make sure you’re doing a good job washing it all off at night!! Some people double cleanse for that reason (but double cleansing makes me break out haha).

4 Likes

Thanks @letired @Clare-Dragonfly @noodle!

I do double cleanse, I just use cleanser until my forehead stops feeling oily and then I use a light moisturizer.

According to the internet, the product I need is EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46. It’s meant to prevent breakouts and as a bonus, also has anti-aging and dark spot prevention stuff in it. I guess I’ll give it a try.

5 Likes

I found a non-oily Neutrogena SPF 50 sunblock that I like. It’s almost TOO dry, I occasionally find it hard to get it spread around before it disappears.

2 Likes

That one was also recommended in the article I found! I think I’ll try the other one though, because I am desperately trying to get my age spots to fade :joy:

2 Likes

This has been my go to sunscreen for 7 years now, and it doesn’t disappoint! It does have a bit of a cast though, and you definitely need to double cleanse to get it off. But no breakouts, and I have extremely oily, acne prone skin. Zinc is kind of a miracle for acne/redness…this sunscreen honestly helps my breakouts, too more than any other acne product I’ve tried.

3 Likes

Good to hear!! :smiley:

I use that EltaMD sunscreen as well, it’s very good!

1 Like

That is one that’s on my list to try! It’s supposed to be really good!

1 Like