Skincare

Noooooooo :sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

Sorry. UV Radiation - The Skin Cancer Foundation.

We can recommend sunscreens?

3 Likes

I have some. I guess I just need to use it all the time :sob:

3 Likes

Just slap some on every morning and feel so proud of yourself for being such a GOOD PERSON who does such good, responsible things. :smiley:

6 Likes

Hahaha I am expecting SO MUCH PRAISE next time I see you!

4 Likes

Lol if you like em, wear em! I am an autumnal person and got mine done because while i can Art i cannot Fashion. And was like “why does literally everything i wear make me a lil ghost”. So yeah. Go for those golds and rock them with a black top or whatever floaties thy boaties

7 Likes

I’ve always wanted to get my colors done! I have the hardest time with makeup colors and I have tried endlessly to figure out what I am and I can never tell, lol. With clothing I just hold it up to my face and if I look like a witch or the ghost of a sickly victorian girl it’s a no. If I look glowy it’s a yes. But it would be nice to know my official colors.

12 Likes

Oooh, yes, I can wear almost all colors but there is this one shade of cool pink in particular that makes me look like I just rose from the dead and started walking around mumbling about braaaaains.

11 Likes

this made me swoon and preen. i always want to dye my dark brown hair blue black to get even MORE snow white/wonder woman-y.

i do have the dark hair/light skin high contrast coloring. but i have golden flecks in my eyes and my hair looks like it has a red sheen in the sun, so sometimes i wonder if i’m some kind of autumnal/wintery cusp. i look good in fall colors like teal and burgundy and olive green – i think possibly even better than in cool pastels? but i look bad in brown, the most fall color of all, and my very best look, i think, is bold black and white patterns, which is totally a winter thing.

i guess i contain multitudes!!

10 Likes

Ooh sounds like you’ve got same colouring as my mum!

2 Likes

Hah! Exactly. Pastels make me look like I’m on the way out, lol.

3 Likes

Wow, I love your taste but I am amazed to learn that we have exact opposite criteria for choosing clothes.

13 Likes

this truly made me laugh out loud :laughing::mage:

it reminds me of
IMG_1021

11 Likes

There was some sunscreen discussion above, so this feels relevant. On a whim I tried the Trader Joes daily facial sunscreen and it’s really good! I typically wear EltaMD UV clear which I do think is better for waterproof/super sweaty activities, but for a daily sunscreen where intense exercise isn’t involved, the TJ’s one is nice…and it’s like $8. It’s also super matte, doesn’t have a cast, and doesn’t break me out (and everything breaks me out). My only complaint is the sensory experience of actually putting it on is kind of creepy…it’s like a powdery gel consistency and gives me spine shivers haha but once it’s on I really like it!

11 Likes

My Velvet Affair lipstick arrived and it, too, looks much better on me when blended with Velvet Fawn. Actually I think it’s slightly better than Velvet Muse blended with Fawn because it’s more orange than pink and goes better with my skin tone. But it means I don’t have a one-stop shop if I just want to keep a single lipstick in my purse!

At least I didn’t waste any money buying any (expensive!) lipsticks that I just don’t like, and I’m able to get colors that look very good on me with a little extra work. I would not have worn Velvet Fawn on its own.

That Paula’s Choice discoloration serum is really working and the two big dark spots on my face have faded significantly!!

6 Likes

The Paula’s Choice wrinkle reduction serum works but I appear to be allergic to it! I was putting it under my eyes and I’m getting patchy skin which after googling appears to be contact dermatitis.

@noitsbecky @MonkeyJenga do you want to try it, or should I offer it up on BN?

2 Likes

Heck yeah, I’ll take it! Thanks! I’m sorry it gave you trouble.

2 Likes

Yay, hope it works for you! If I don’t see you before then I’ll bring it to the Nickel Creek concert :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds good, but I’d prefer to see you before then!

1 Like

Wait when is nickel creek coming here?!? I only saw Portland MAINE on the tour list. They’re coming to our Portland???

2 Likes