Skincare

i wouldnt be surprised at all if they changed it. seems like so many formerly premium brands are now … less premium. either that or im a pickier bitch than i ever was before. possibly both :laughing:

9 Likes

Hahaha this is 100% me.

5 Likes

For matte, I have been adoring the Peripera Ink Velvet line. It’s super cheap and feels so soft and velvety, and it stays on a long time. It is one of those little fuzzy brushes so not a true lipSTICK but I love both the soft and natural look with it AND they have some kick-ass reds.

3 Likes

Mine is Satin! I don’t think it is drying and seems to fit your description of a good lipstick.

1 Like

Ooo, thanks for the tip @wooljaguar ! I like Milani for matte lip color (also a fuzzy brush) but I’ve been having trouble finding it near me for some reason.

@Meowmalade Excellent!

4 Likes

Anyone found a good vitamin C serum? I finished a bottle of the ordinary’s and it was terrible… excited to find something new

3 Likes

I am very late to this thread. What didn’t you like about the one from The Ordinary? I am enjoying it but this is my first time having a skincare routine of anything more than soap and miscellaneous lotion.

(I also got their caffeine eye serum and that doesn’t seem to be doing anything for me.)

2 Likes

I got the vitamin c suspension (it’s in more of a tube?) and it is super grainy and weird textured… and seemed to just sit on my skin… is that the one you have? I’m not sure if there was a more serum-y one

3 Likes

I have this one, which is an oil you put in with a dropper: https://theordinary.com/en-us/ascorbyl-tetraisopalmitate-solution-20-in-vitamin-f-vitamin-c-100406.html?dwvar_100406_size=30ml&quantity=1

I think it has really made a difference for me!

3 Likes

Ooo ok I’ll have to try that one then! I am glad I can give the ordinary another chance- the pricing is so much more affordable!

1 Like

The podcast I posted above had something about the ordinary - apparently some of their stuff is less stable versions than other companies.

I also didn’t see a difference with their vitamin C (the dropper one) but I love everything else I have tried, so vit c may just be not my thing

2 Likes

I really like this one:

2 Likes

I like the Timeless C+E+Ferulic serum, which is a less elegant knockoff of the Skinceuticals one., although the vitamin E base makes it pretty oily so I can only use it at night. You can get it on Amazon but I prefer to get it from their website because in my experience the stuff from Amazon is less fresh and seems to oxidize faster.

4 Likes

I also like the Timeless Vitamin C serum. I don’t find it greasy at all so I must have drier skin than @Rhubarbsoda. The Vitamin E and Ferulic Acid help the Vitamin C get into your skin so that’s why they are there. Vitamin C serums are tricky because it’s an ingredient that goes bad after a while, which is why they are in not-see-through bottles. Or, not in a liquid which it sounds like your grainy one was. And also, there are different kinds of vitamin C. According to Angie of Hot and Flashy, you want L-Ascorbic Acid to get effects. And the Ph matters! So there’s a lot but I’m happy to let Angie do the research for me. She recommends Timeless and another that I have used for a while, Dr. Brenner C Serum. Vitamin C Serum with Ferulic Acid, Vitamin E and Hyaluronic Acid – Dr. Brenner

4 Likes

Random review: I got the Tatcha kissu lip mask for Christmas. The packaging is super cute and the product looks really good on (but is pretty sticky). The shine it gives your lips is very pretty. But, I have to say I wouldn’t recommend it. As a lip mask I can’t see that it does anything at all. I’m pretty much using it as gloss at this point. I’ve had much better effects wearing carmex or aquaphor lip stuff overnight.

3 Likes

Sunscreen question!

I am finally wearing daily sunscreen (a cute tinted mineral one) and applying retinol most nights to my face, throat, decolletage and backs of hands. So I am sunscreening all those parts, but I wash my hands a million times a day. Sun is basically a non issue until one week in March and then late May… but what am I supposed to do to protect the back of my hands?

5 Likes

It gets annoying, but reapplication is the only thing that works for me! Maybe find a gentler lotion with SPF to leave by the sink?

4 Likes

Yeah, sometimes I have a tiny bottle of sunscreen in my diaper bag. I have one in my desk at work for my work walks.

3 Likes

How do you stack your sunscreen and make up?

I usually just do sunscreen and reapply that throughout the day but looooove the way cream foundation/bb cream has been looking on my coworkers. Any thoughts or recs?

5 Likes

@AllHat I understand what a good lipstick is like now! Pharmaca had a manager’s special for 75% off Vapour lipstick (which is normally $30) and I found a color that looks great on me. It’s matte but goes on really nicely and stays on, and it feels so nice! The MAC satin one just doesn’t compare. I thought I wanted a more neutral color but I think I look great in seductress red :joy:

10 Likes