Skincare

And if it all goes wrong beautiful scarves! :rofl:

5 Likes

Maybe I can still add a million necessaire products to my Christmas list

5 Likes

I’m excited to hear how you end up liking it!

1 Like

I use Eucerin Advanced Repair Cream for the winter! Cheap, not particularly fancy.

3 Likes

That is one I could get today! Does it work to repair really rough skin and cuticles? I am using everything I can at home, but need some big guns. Otherwise I may get one of the kammille or glycerol european ones to hold me off until the body shop (could be post christmas)

3 Likes

nothing works better for my cuticles than oil! they seem to soak it right up. i use one that is mostly sweet almond oil but i bet olive oil would work too.

3 Likes

I’ve seen a big difference with using cuticle oil rather than cuticle cream. Rubbing the extra into my hands has helped but I still need a good hand cream too.

1 Like

this is the one i use and honestly i love it. my cuticles are usually a hangnaily mess whenever it gets below 50 degrees but not since i started using this stuff!

for me it helps a lot to have the nail polish applicator for it but it would work the same without it, just messier.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I would spill one without an applicator. :rofl: I got mine from Amazon that has an eye dropper to apply it.

1 Like

I dont get rough skin, but my cuticles want to start cracking and bleeding in cold weather, and using eucerin at night before bed keeps them from doing that mostly, unless I’m otherwise doing a lot of stuff thats hard on my skin.

1 Like

Do you have access to/like Aveeno? I get these bad boys from Target and they turn my dry crone hands into soft baby of the tropics hands: https://www.aveeno.com/products/repairing-cica-hand-mask

Light oatmeal-y scent

3 Likes

I am not an aveeno every day person, but will definitely look for these masks! I am alternating Nivea downstairs with my face cream plus coconut oil upstairs and my hands no linger actively hurt. But still room to improve

1 Like

Anyone else craving glossy eye shadow? Recs?

ALERT to my lipstick wearing internetoes (coined it, 2022, I want credit) I just bought a bunch of lipsticks and holy guacamole the quality of MAC has gone wayyyyyyy downhill. Like I wouldn’t even bother. I really liked the Clinique lipstick I bought though, it says it has primer included and it’s very moisturizing with great coverage. 10/10 on that! And I didn’t used to care for Clinique. I feel like they’ve expanded their colors too, for more undertones.

8 Likes

What?? I just bought one last year after y’all made me throw out my ancient makeup. I think it’s fine but I don’t have all that much reference :laughing: What’s so bad about it?

But I usually don’t even wear it as full lipstick, I put on some chapstick and then use it to add a bit of color to my lips.

3 Likes

I don’t like the formula! It goes on very patchy and isn’t evenly saturated and I found it super drying as well. So functionally:

MAC = to get it to look good you need several layers and will probably have to apply with a brush and then also seal it with spray, oh and also then your lips will be cracked and peeling and require some TLC because the formula is so drying

Good Lipstick = a quick swipe gives evenly distributed fully saturated color, you forget you’re wearing it. you take the lipstick off at night and your lips are still soft.

3 Likes

Yours could also be before the formula change

3 Likes

Yeah that’s v true! I used to like MAC a lot.

i tend to hate mac matte lipstick but i have liked the creamier formulation – i hope they didnt change that one too!

my favorite matte lipstick of all time is STUPIDLY expensive from makeup artist lisa eldridge. it is sooo good though, and it literally looks like velvet in the tube. one swipe lasts a really long time and the colors are so pretty.

4 Likes

OMG, it is matte. Maybe that’s why! I swear my last MAC was also matte but maybe not…

Also Lisa Eldridge is the beeeest.

5 Likes