Skincare

Haha, I’m also dry AF. So far I’ve been using Aquaphor and I like it pretty well but just seeing if there’s something better out there.

3 Likes

i like vaseline lip therapy in the tiny tubs. it’s a little thicker than regular vaseline and not quite as thick as what comes in the little squeezy tubes – perfect for me!

3 Likes

ahhh i just got a refill of my favorite fancy oil cleanser and used it for the first time since running out a few months ago and my face feels soooo nice. the smell is like fresh tangerines with a tiny hint of vanilla :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: dreamy! and expensive! and it goes bad within a few months. so i buy the travel size.

5 Likes

That scent sounds amazing! I love anything citrus.

1 Like

The bottle looks glass—is it?

yes

1 Like

Fellow nerds, unite!

This is an awesome podcast episode about skincare! If you use a different provider look for the simon hill podcast and then it is one of the three most recent. And it is clean/family friendly And two hours!

6 Likes

Oh cool!

Talk to me about pimple patches! I have the hydrocolloid ones (actually I ran out today) which work fairly well after @Marcela taught me that you put them on after the pimple has popped, not before. They’re not miraculous or anything but it is nice to have something over the popped pimple so I don’t have an open wound and nothing is oozing onto my mask or bra.

But I hear there are also ones that are medicated for before they pop or for the horrible cystic ones, so maybe when all I have is a painful red bump I can do something other than waiting???

5 Likes

I’ve tried the hero brand medicated patches (salicylic acid ones) and found them expensively pointless and didn’t do anything more for me than a regular patch. There might be other brands/types that work for people. The hero brand regular patches are reasonable (and easy for me to get), but I think the cosrx brand are my favorite (and much cheaper).

1 Like

Is anyone here into historical hair care methods? I’ve fallen down a rabbit hole. And now I don’t want to leave :laughing: thinking of giving it a try!

5 Likes

I’ve been wondering if boar bristle brushes help stimulate blood flow to your scalp and therefore help keep those follicles pumping out luxurious strands of keratin

6 Likes

I don’t know about that, but they sure feel a lot better than plastic bristles when brushing your hair!

4 Likes

That would make sense! I’m curly so I don’t use brushes but I found a tutorial for historical hair care that’s similar to my texture so I’m excited to try it!

I make up a lot of things that make sense, but aren’t correct. I am just rationalizing the old maxim of brushing your hair with100 strokes per night. And a lot of thin hair treatments seem to have stimulating blood flow to the follicles as the “how they work” hypothesis

3 Likes

That’s true of a lot of skincare treatments too! Also you would slay at balderdash.

3 Likes

I want to play balderdash with you all.

4 Likes

I love that game. It’s basically what I did for a living but in board game form.

2 Likes

I would like to lose at balderdash to all of you

4 Likes

ooh, can you share? I’ve only seen historical haircare stuff on straight hair, which sounds like a recipe for tangles for life, so interested to know what you can find!

3 Likes