Skincare

Is there a good dupe for Necessaire body lotion?

It’s a real battle between my frugality and vanity. Vanity is winning.

5 Likes

Oooh! I want it now. I am going to guess no, looking at the ingredients.

Let’s look at the ordinary - their 100ml moisturizer is $11.65, and niacinimide serum is $8something. So we would be at $30 just for that high a quality base at the volume of the body lotion.

Or doctoring a vat of everyone lotion you coukd buy one of the richer oils that are in the necessaire lotion plus niacinimide and brew your own. By the end of all the products you’ve saved money and hit the major points, but you haven’t saved a lot- $18+$8+$8= 34 for about double the volume but not all the actives or you are going to not save any money.

I would buy the Necessaire.

3 Likes

Oh I am seeing 35 for 200ml in canada, all ither prices cad

1 Like

TY for telling me what I want to hear, haha. I did try the Everyone lotion too! I liked it at first but I have to use so much more of it and it doesn’t keep my skin as silky for as long? Good to know I’m at least paying for ingredients and not just markup! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I do the everyone lotion as my summer body lotion/ sometimes face too. When I was more broke I would add argan oil. Now I buy richer seasonal lotions! And this year that may include necessarie because it looks amazing!

3 Likes

I am sorry to tell you that I started using their body serum on a friend’s rec and it is very worth the money. Now I’ll have to try their lotion!

4 Likes

Thanks. The vanity comes from my husband’s family, some antique. Most of its life with us it has been used as a desk but now since we moved, it’s been an actual vanity. Well, sort of. The drawers still have desk stuff. One of these days!

3 Likes

Woah went to look them up. They have a gel deodorant thing??? I would love to try that.

3 Likes

I’m glad that in my quest (might be overstating) to save money on lotion I’ve inspired others to spend more on…lotion. :laughing: It really is good stuff tho.

You don’t even want to know what I put on my face. It is embarrassing. In terms of cost.

@Bracken_Joy Also if you are looking for a stellar natural deodorant and have no shame about $ Kai is amaaaaazing. One tube lasts me like 8+ months.

8 Likes

I would like to know what you put on your face. I’m willing to spend money on my face.

ETA have you used the hand cream from Necessaire? I just looked at the site, hadn’t heard of them before, and am always looking for good hand cream.

4 Likes

Haha, ok but I’ve warned you, oh and I have super dry skin so this might not work for you if you are oily or combination. The most luxury brand I use is called Biologique Recherche and if you see it on amazon that’s fake; you have to buy it from a retailer that imports it- like a spa. I use their Lotion P50 and the Creme Collagen. If I could only afford one I’d get the Lotion P50. I have two other serums I use as needed. One is inexpensive, which is my 5% lactic acid from The Ordinary. The other is mid-range and is from a label called Evolve, it’s their Bio-Retinol + C-Booster. The really great thing about high end skincare is you use wayyyyy less of it. So my total skincare costs come out to like $20 a month or something, even though I buy very expensive products.

For cleansing I use either oil cleansing with Argan oil (cheap!) which I buy from Radha Beauty or I use drug store cleansing wipes that are Cetaphil brand. Sunscreen I use Black Girl Sunscreen which I think someone here recommended and it’s not super expensive either. But if I had to strip down my routine I’d keep the BR stuff because it is INCREDIBLE. Like it has visibly changed my skin, for sure. I also use pure honey as a mask, which of course is cheap, haha.

I haven’t used the hand cream from Necessaire but they have a very good reputation!

Oh and if you’re in the USA you can buy BR from Rescue Spa, fyi!

6 Likes

Ha. It must be expensive, you have to have an account to see the cost?

4 Likes

Yeah :roll_eyes: I think it’s a clout thing- I can look up prices for you hang on

Ok for lotion P50 it is $34 for 1.7 oz; $76 for 5.1 oz; $115 for 8.4 oz.

For the Collagen Creme it’s $95 for 1.7 oz.

Also tho- I think all of their stuff is top notch so if you want something from them I’d look at their full line because there might be stuff that’s a better fit for your skin type. Like there is a version of the P50 that is for more sensitive skin, etc. Different types of creme moisturizers too, I’d consider trying other ones when I’m finished with the collagen but I’m sticking with P50 until it stops working for me.

3 Likes

I can make an account tomorrow when I’m not trapped under a cat. :grin:

3 Likes

I’ve got the time, haha.

2 Likes

I made an account on rescue spa. I truly don’t think $34 for the small bottle is bad. I’ve paid more than that for the Philosophy cream I’ve used for years.

I will definitely look farther into it! Thanks!

5 Likes

Oh great! :slight_smile: I think it’s 100% worth it and I’ve tried like allllll the Sephora stuff and all the K-beauty stuff. Knocks them out of the park imo.

4 Likes

Lotion p50 is toner? Not lotion? Do you use lotion after?

3 Likes

So it’s liquid like a toner and that’s how I use it. I put it on with a cotton round. Technically I think it’s a chemical exfoliant as well as a light moisturizer/toner! I use additional moisturizer after that but my skin is literally so dry that without products it will flake and peel, like face dandruff. Which is…not super sexy? Haha. You could def start with just the P50 and follow it up with a moisturizing spf and see how that does for you. I think when I started I only bought the P50 and then I found the other lotion through samples they’d included.

4 Likes

I have been using samples from Dzialo, made by a local aesthetician. The Puro cream is incredible, once it’s done I’ll try the Mira. I think I’ll pay $$$$ for one of them once I run out of the samples. Order a sample kit from her, it’s super cheap to try it out but then if you get hooked, that’s when the price goes way up :laughing:

4 Likes