Skincare

I can’t seem to not wash my face in the shower, and always with hot water (and sometimes a bit of soap). I’ve decided I don’t care. I’m still working through her sample pack (the products are fantastic but more effort to use than what I want) and I’m mostly using Trilogy rosehip oil. It seems like a good product and it’s possible that my wrinkles are lessened now. Will keep using it and report back!

4 Likes

Oooh fancy!

1 Like

Thanks so much for all the rosacea product tips! I will start experimenting with some of these products.

@letired, the medication I was prescribed is not an anti-fungal, it is an antibiotic. There’s a different medication with most of the same letters that is an anti-fungal, I wonder if that is what you were thinking of? But I very much appreciate that you took the time to write with your experiences!

3 Likes

I was assuming it was an antifungal b/c it ends in -zol, which often used for antifungals, but didn’t check the exact one, sorry!

2 Likes

THEY CHARGE YOU $100 FOR MET T GEL? Wow.

We make that at the company I work with, and I had NO IDEA it cost so much.

5 Likes

And not only that, apparently I am having an adverse reaction to the metrogel?! Allergy?

I used it for the second time before bed yesterday and my face started itching badly. I managed to sleep for a short while but the itching woke me up so I rinsed it off my face. It has 18 hours since I last used it and my face is still itching (although fortunately not nearly as severely).

I sent a message to my clinic and I can’t imagine them telling me to continue using it. I assume that I’m out the money I paid for the tube that I barely used, in addition to the cost for whatever they suggest I try next.

10 Likes

Ouch, I’m sorry! I hope you find something that works for you (that doesn’t cost so much!).

1 Like

Ask for a sample tube next time.

2 Likes

I can’t sleep so I just reorganized my bathroom and it looks just ok IMO. Show me how you store your skincare and makeup and related items? I had a big counter thing but I got rid of it because it was too ugly. Now I have stuff in trays under the sinks but, IDK, there is probably a better way? TY!

6 Likes

Oooh, I’ve been working on this myself! I hope I’ll remember to take pictures in the morning.

3 Likes

Very interested in responses!

2 Likes

Scalpcare… but since @turtlegirl says there is a sale at the ordinary I want to report in on the peptide hair serum. I am using it maybe 4 days a week, less than 2 min massaging in and it is working SO well for me. I have genetic or hormonal thin hair naturally with dandruff and a pasty texture unhealthy scalp. Plus postpartum shedding. The shedding is ongoing but regrowth on top means my part looks better than pregnancy hair! And the sides are improving scalp health and getting more baby hairs. I would say I am close to my best hair and scalp health since childhood!

Also I am back to the 0.2 retinol in squalene and the hyalauronic moisturizer and I look incredible!

9 Likes

Is that the “Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA”? If you like it, I may try it.

3 Likes

It is! It is a light lotion with HA

3 Likes

OK so I did take pictures but then forgot to post them!

Also, this is just what I currently have but I wouldn’t say it’s perfect or permanent. Definitely a work in progress.

This is on my side of the sinks. Kind of everyday stuff (although I don’t truly use all these things every day so I’m not sure why they are here versus stuff I have in drawers. Maybe size? Height?

And then this is the top drawer on my side. It’s a big ol’ mess and needs organization. But I keep daily meds in here and my toothbrush (and Son put his toothbrush and toothpaste in here and I don’t know why because he has his own damn bathroom, sigh, kids.) And also hair ties and headbands to keep my hair out of my face when I wash it.

In the next drawer down, I have daily skin care stuff mostly. Or that’s mostly what I use. It could be much more organized because I’m not even sure what most of the crap in the back is. Extra medications, I guess. I mostly just use what’s in the basket and my deodorant.

Under the sink. These baskets pull out like drawers, each one is divided into two compartments. I have stuff in categories but mostly it’s just extras. I have so much makeup and skincare stuff. Thee little basket in the middle is hair tools which I very rarely use so I’m not getting into it much.

And I did commandeer the cabinet under Husband’s sink. Again, mostly just extra beauty products.

Now here’s what I actually use every day. It’s a big ol’ mess and I considered cleaning it up for the photo but you get the real deal. I do need to clean it up, though.

Not sure any of that is helpful, but at last it’s fun to snoop? I love to snoop!

9 Likes

I was a total twat about the scents, @Bracken_Joy and @Idome. I’ve been meaning to come back to it but I keep forgetting so I’m doing it now. Full apologies :bowing_man:

I am still going to wear scents but appreciate the earnest appeal to manage them responsibly because of the real health ramifications to others.

8 Likes

Very fun! I love snooping and I adore your vanity! I’ve always wanted one but I’ve never been willing to give up the space required. Right now I keep my makeup in a dop kit and my skincare in a little plastic basket thing. It works but I’d love to have it all OUT.

3 Likes

I don’t remember exactly…. but I’m sure I was less than graceful in expressing my big feelings on the topic without raining on your parade. Love you Meowkins!

4 Likes

I’m utterly unable to interact gracefully with apologies because of my own family issues lol, so I’ll just leave it at “thank you” because anything else gives me massive anxiety I’m doing it all wrong.

6 Likes

I really appreciate this even though it wasn’t directed at me! I’ve had to drop daycare over a scents issue :heart: being aware of others while living your best scented life :bouquet:

5 Likes