Site upgrades

Does this work for the display you are looking for? I can add it to the sidebar,

https://forum.ohmydollar.com/unread

1 Like

Iā€™m all caught up on my reading and donā€™t have any unread to be certain, but I believe that is what I was looking for! Thank you.

If you open the left side menu, can you see ā€œunreadā€ nowā€¦itā€™s unclear if I changed it for just me or global

1 Like

Yes, I see it there now.

Still not sure why the forums are acting slow for me, but still investigating.

Chat is now only set up for Patrons (and staff), I reserve the right to take it away if it proves a moderation nightmare

6 Likes

Ok I just tweaked some settings which should hopefully make things a bit faster.

3 Likes

I can see unread in my menu drop down again, so whatever you did brought it back! YAY unread!!!

3 Likes

ok just did some more tweaks to try to make it faster!

1 Like

502 error
Discuss.

[it happens when I am scrolling and stops my scrolling and jumps me back- iphone mini pink, bought 2 boxing days ago]

1 Like

What browser? How often?

1 Like

I just got a 502 error trying to reply to a post on Trisā€™s journal. Safari browser iPhone 13 Pro Max iOS 17.1.2. Also, when I click on notifications (for posts people like or reply to me) it hangs for a while pretty consistently.

1 Like

After I read posts they still show up as new.

4 Likes

I am also getting this, and the occasional 502 error

2 Likes

similarly, the notifications is running really slowly for me - Chrome on an old Mac running Catalina with adblock plus enabled

3 Likes

Question for people with slow mortifications: can you clear your browser cache and log out and log back in?

We did some things to speed it up but not positive it populated. It fixed it for me

3 Likes

Firefox.

I will clear my cache

1 Like

thank you, I donā€™t think the 502 errors are relate to slow indexing but it canā€™t hurt

ok we just doubled the size of the server, letā€™s see if it behaves any better today