Recipes and food ideas

crumbled on top of salad. mixed into scrambled eggs. with tomatoes in a pasta salad. with roasted sweet potato and peppers. in a greek salad. with lentils.

4 Likes

Spanakopita. Spanakorizo, pizza

4 Likes

Hear me out. Roast veggies with a sprinkle of lemon juice, topped with feta. Or, rice with butter topped with feta (it’s like grownup Mac and cheese it’s delicious). Or BOTH roast veggies and rice with feta. Yymmmm.

6 Likes

I literally just ate dinner and you’re making me hungry o.o

3 Likes

I like it on avocado toast!

3 Likes

Just want to share what my husband made for dinner: pasta aglio e olio, angel hair with olive oil, green garlic, and just a bit of rosemary. :drooling_face:

8 Likes

I got six parsnips in the latest flashfood box. We aren’t generally huge parsnip fans.

Any ideas beyond a pureed soup?

3 Likes

I really like roasting them - cut like fries or chunks, toss in oil and salt (paprika is good too), roast at 450 or so until crispy

5 Likes

Same, but I like to add cinnamon and nutmeg!

2 Likes

I ordered way too many glass noodles online because I misread the net weight, but now I have a very delicious and very cheap vegan hot and sour soup recipe (adapted from this blog)

Soup base:
1.5 cup vegetable broth
4 tbsp chili oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp black vinegar

Boil a handful of glass noodles for 10 minutes. Heat up the soup base, add the cooked noodles, and top with chopped scallions and ya cai (pickled vegetables).

7 Likes
6 Likes

Anyone here understand the difference between Dutch babies and clafoutis?

1 Like

No fruit in a Dutch baby?

dutch babies have more rise?

1 Like

But!

I made her clafouti instead but I’m not sure there’s actually a difference

2 Likes

SEO?

2 Likes

Oh man, I really need to make clafoutis if/when it ever gets cool enough to turn on the oven.

1 Like

I think clafoutis is more custardy and a dutch baby has more flour? That photo does not look like how my clafoutis turns out, it has less crust.

3 Likes

Yeah. Clafoutis are custardy and thicker than a Dutch baby. A Dutch baby is more like a bubbly crepe baked in a skillet.

ETA: the thickness you see in that photo is air. They deflate after a little time out of the oven/once you cut into them.

1 Like

I had to ban my children from making Dutch Babies for breakfast, they were making one each every morning, and using five eggs per baby (two children - 10 eggs a day)

Had to explain that this was not a daily breakfast, but a sometimes breakfast

6 Likes