Recipes and food ideas

And SUGAR! Haha, that’s why it’s so delicious. Probably one of my favorite condiments.

2 Likes

Today I learned! Ty! I love Hot Thai Chef. I felt very vindicated that my favorite curry paste brand is her top pick :joy:

3 Likes

I love Pailin so much. I like how specific she is but also how she gets right to the cooking! I even…bought her apron, haha. I don’t think I’ve ever bought anything from an internet person other than that but it was so cute!!! I really appreciate her shopping guides, too.

3 Likes

Mexican “Rice”
w/ Riced Cauliflower

Tastes the same to me. Great for diabetics like myself:

Fry the riced cauliflower first WITHOUT any salt in a fry pan with some cooking oil in it – we use avocado oil. Immediately add in some garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, oregano and paprika. Fry it up and it should be relatively dry on the outside. Add in 1 tbsp of tomato paste and fry it in, mixing it gently into the riced cauliflower. Add the salt after it is done cooking and stove turned off. (If you add the salt before it draws all hte moisture out of the cauliflower from the start and it turns into a mush instead of a dry fluffy rice cauliflower.) Top with your fav cheese and some cilantro, hot sauce, lime juice (or w/e you like).

5 Likes

Just heard of this show, seems worth checking out. Anyone seen it yet?
Screenshot_20230217_133713_Gmail

7 Likes

I gotta check this out! Adding to my TV list

1 Like

What’s in your freezer? What are you planning to add?

I usually have frozen veggies: onions, peas, corn, spinach, broccoli or cauliflower, chilis
Frozen fruit: 1-2 kinds
Leftover pasta sauce
Homemade baby foods
Leftover chili
Leftover dhal
Leftover channa
Frozen fish/burgers/pizza

Right now I need to bump it up again when I feel well again (no leftovers left, except cake). I am also going to make lobia/lubya (kidney beans in onion, tomato, coriander, turmeric, black pepper and mint)
And I am thinking vegan/gf pizza crust (homemade) and bread (bought) need to live there,

Also… my hot pepper rings are almost done. Should I use the brine on more peppers or another veggie?

5 Likes

Mine has frozen veggies, fruit, and lots of meat. But I know you don’t need the meat. So we have very similar freezers. I never have freezer levels of leftovers. I’ma but jealous that you have cooked food in the freezer!

3 Likes

we are out of white beans in the freezer. I’d like to make some more. I’m in pretty good shape atm for soup (without stock though, that might be tomorrow). I just added a pureed curried butternut squash with red lentils. It’s high protein and low effort for nights nobody wants to make food but we’re well enough to eat.

this week’s plan is shockingly low on eating down the freezer because we have a bunch of stuff in the fridge to use. shahi masala, corn and the duck will be from the freezer.

Sunday: beef rendang, bell pepper, roti
Monday: roast sweet potato, bell pepper, corn, feta salad with eggs, maple lime sriracha dressing, green onion
Tuesday: duck breast, bell pepper, rice noodles, nuoc cham, green onion
Wednesday: shahi paneer with kale, roti, cilantro
Thursday: out?

we don’t have pickled red onion atm, which should be rectified.

2 Likes

I have been working really hard at doing double batches of anything that freezes well (chili, dhal etc). Rice in instapot plus freezer food. My normal batches we would never have enough to freeze. Sadly we ate it down last week

We also have frozen fish and a turkey breast in there - but now I’m cooking meat less I don’t replenish that. But when I cook meat I do try to put away a serving in the freezer too. Sometimes just one person is allergic to or hates dinner,

5 Likes

Homemade stock, usually chicken or miso veggie
Edamame
Peas
Pizza sauce
Italian sausage
Shredded cheeses (mozz, Mexican blend)
Sourdough
Naan
Dumplings (currently store bought pork but sometimes homemade red lentil)
Samosas
Tater tots
Hot dogs
Pork butt
Two cookies from our wedding
Usually 1-2 servings of random soups or stews we make giant batches of and put some away for lazy or rushed meals
Many dried peppers
Bacon
Breaded chicken tenders (ALDI)

Right now I’d like to add mint Klondike bars

3 Likes

In my freezer currently:

dumpling wrappers (lots)
korean rice cakes
curry leaves
green chilis
paneer
serrano peppers (giant bag)
mangoes
blueberries
bananas
pasta
edamame
veg meatballs
bamboo shoots
lotus root
parathas
tortillas
french fries

I’d love to have more ready made meals in there! I need to make that more of a priority over the next couple of weeks.

4 Likes

Kitchen freezer:
Frozen breaded chicken tenders
Dumplings
Bacon
Ground beef
Miscellaneous frozen vegetables
Coffee
French fries
Orange juice concentrate
Almonds
Home made popsicles that need to be gotten rid of
Teething toys. Usually used these days for bumped knees but we can probably get rid of most of them.

Freezer of the garage fridge:
Bread
Potato soup
Chicken and dumplings without the broth
Some leftover rolls (to become french toast casserole one day)
Home made broth
Apple crisp (I made a double batch and the first half turned out meh so I’m not excited about this second half)
Frozen tablespoon portions of tomato paste
Extra frozen vegetables
A bunch of frozen macaroni noodles which will one day turn into butternut squash mac n cheese (Mr. Meer didn’t realize he had a 2lb box of macaroni noodles when he was making something a while ago).
Water bottles to help keep the freezer cold when it’s not full

Recently it also had sheperds pie and roast vegetable baked ziti

3 Likes

Oooohhhh I forgot about our many frozen dried peppers!

2 Likes

Mine are all fresh peppers. I didn’t realize there was an advantage to freezing dried peppers!

2 Likes

They seem to last longer? Maybe that’s just in my head :joy:

2 Likes

What’s in my freezer?

• Homemade cookies (two kinds)
  • Ice cream
  • Bagels
  • Reeses trees (50% off after Christmas)
  • French fries
  • Backpacking meals that I repackaged into Ziplocks but haven’t used yet
  • Half of a loaf of bread
  • Pizza

Why yes, I’m single and about to turn 40. :woman_facepalming:

10 Likes

I like your freezer. My freezer has to accommodate me living with other people. You also reminded me I forgot to include my secret candy stash in the garage freezer which has Reeses among other things.

3 Likes

I want your freezer! Especially the Reeses trees!

In my freezer:
1/2 Costco bag of stir fry veggies
1 quart brussels sprouts
1 quart green beans
8 bags of cauliflower rice (this was on sale and I stocked up and now I’m tired of it haha)
1 bag frozen mixed veggies
1 bag O’Brien hash brown potatoes (for my breakfast eggs)
1 bag frozen spinach
1 bag frozen peas
1 bag frozen corn
1 ham bone for stock later
1 baggie ham pieces for soup
1 pound andouille sausage for jambalaya
2 pounds of ground beef packed in individual servings for quick dinners
3 pounds frozen blueberries
3 pounds frozen bananas
5 individual servings of green curry
4 individual servings of tom kha Gai soup
2 baggies roasted green chiles
1 pint jar frozen beans
2 quarts homemade chicken stock
2 containers homemade turkey stock
1/2 pint of raspberry sorbet
15 baggies of various homemade dog treats :joy: and kongs and lick mats

Looking at this list I feel like I have a ton, but my freezer is actually more than 1/2 empty right now. I’m about to do a big stock up when I get my Costco yearly reward certificate because I’m really low on meat/fish.

I do like to have more frozen leftovers in individual servings for busy nights. As shown by this list I 90% live on frozen veggies + meat stir fry, and frozen fruits haha

2 Likes

…is this a bad time to mention I get free Reese’s Cups from my work office kitchen? :joy:

My freezer contains (haphazard) multitudes:

1 premade butter chicken burrito. Ridiculous but delicious
2 premade breakfast burritos for boyfriend
1 lb ground beef
At least 2 bags of possibly freezer-burned broccoli…I should do something about this
2 lbs zucchini noodles
1.5 lbs frozen corn
1.5 lbs frozen peas
1 lonely pie crust
Premade Korean beef
4 lbs mixed fruit for oatmeal
2 lbs frozen butternut squash that is also approaching vintage…whoops
2 things of premade risotto
1 thing of premade pasta for boyfriend’s scavenging

6 Likes