Random Questions

Oh yeah I’m not reccing any specific shoes just vibes.

1 Like

I think ppl say rotheys are stretchy and foot flexibility but do ur own research imo

2 Likes

The max square Rothy’s! They are quite wide and Rothy’s stretch a lot. I think a lot of colors could work with that dress. Definitely brown, camel or black. Full disclosure I only wear Rothy’s :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

OO and those look very flexible for other dressy-up outfits too. nice!

1 Like

OUCH that price though. I could get leather Vivo flats for $145 and that seemed way too much to me :sob:

2 Likes

My wide buniony feet have done well in these fuzzy Chaco boots: Women's Revel Chelsea V-Gore | Chacos

1 Like

Maybe one of these: wide toe, zero drop

https://anyas-shop.com/collections/footwear/products/shapen-tulip-flats?variant=41817624477854

https://anyas-shop.com/collections/footwear/products/be-lenka-diva-zip-up-leather-ankle-boot?variant=42762518102174

3 Likes

Yeah they are expensive but they last forever. The ones I’ve had for many years still look brand new and you just wash them in the washing machine. I’ve bought most of mine on Poshmark or through warehouse sales on the website

2 Likes

I got an ad to buy vivos on poshmark today :cupcake:. Good algorithm.

But I agree, black or brown or tan flats or boots. Get something that will fit you and last.

4 Likes

Leopard or other print (tapestry) to add a bit of pizazz to the outfit?

1 Like

I covet these haha. The problem is I want to cheap out on this if I can. I don’t do femme virtually ever anymore, I live in workout gear and Lems tennis shoes. Or I have these when it rains-

2 Likes

Can you pose so your feet are hidden?

If you are going for boots - I think a lace up would look better - think motorcycle vibe, with buckles.

Calling @Marcela - as I despair at the thought of mist of these options paired with that dress. I don’t claim to have a sense of style thiugh.

1 Like

Not reliably, I’ll have to be holding a baby and such

1 Like

I might swap for a t shirt, jeans, a cardigan, and my ugly Chelsea boots and call it a day :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

I’m a firm believer that family photos should reflect who are, not some idealized stock photo version of what “family” looks like.

If it were me, I’d wear either a slim fitting sock boot in gray or beige suede, either ankle or knee high for a classy feel with understated gold jewelry or the motorcycle style ankle boots in similar colours, with thick fuzzy boot socks underneath and lean into the cozy/cool vibe with a scarf or knit hat and leather jacket.

But are either of those people you? Be you. Wear the Chelsea boots with leggings and that dress belted up so it’s a bit shorter. Get photos of Latte stomping around the woods and showing you her treasures as your family celebrates what makes you so special and yourselves.

14 Likes

I try for a high degree of femme except in fall which just feels like pants weather. Also I wear my blundstones 3 seasons and feel very casual femme

2 Likes

This depends on the state. But some years ago, I called our local crematorium, which was a half a mile from my house. They quoted something like $550:for body disposal, and that included transport from the hospital.

Because that was 15+ years ago I’m sure it’s more now. Body disposal which has to be done in some way but may not be all that expensive . And then there’s a “funeral“ or memorial service that can be as simple as a gathering of people in a public park.

We just set up our prepaid funeral several months ago and it was $4,700 for each of us. That includes a simple service at a standard funeral home, no casket, cremation, remains in a simple box.

We did not buy a cemetery plot, but they aren’t very expensive here in my small town, a few hundred dollars for the cemetery run by the funeral home.

2 Likes

Thank you guys for the help. I went ahead and ordered this (hopefully it’ll come in time) to see if it’ll be easier to style as “me” with jeans and my chunky Chelsea boots.

(I don’t like clothes shopping much on Amazon but I put this off/didn’t plan this, and don’t have time right now for uninterrupted in person store trip. It is what it is. Sorry planet earth. I’ll do better when my executive functioning abilities come back I swear)

14 Likes

That’s very cute and seems like it’s more your style.

1 Like