Random Questions

The only life insurance we ever had was the policy I had through work, which was free to me. The provided one years salary upon my death, which I think was pretty generous for something that was free to me.

I don’t know what the conditions were, though it was never important because if I died, DH can Support himself. If He died, I can support myself.

We did not need life insurance.

3 Likes

I think it’s like slavery: a bunch of state constitutions allowed slavery until shockingly recently. But federal law/the federal constitution doesn’t, so the state part was overruled.

3 Likes

I don’t have diddly squat for funeral expenses. I think it’s something around $3k for human composting?

3 Likes

I can bury you in the woods for less, don’t worry.

:wink:

Leaving behind enough to cover funeral and stuff seems like something everyone should do. We probably all know stories about families that weren’t prepared and couldn’t afford it, and it made a really terrible time worse.

8 Likes

My Dad had to borrow money to bury his father-in-law. So yeah, having enough to take care of whatever final arrangements you’d like is always a good thing.

5 Likes

Prepaying is an option, though if you will likely move around, that could make things more complicated (and expensive).

I think you have lots of time to save $ for funeral costs, and do whatever planning around elements you care about (cremation, composting, cryopreservation, etc.)

4 Likes

The free insurance helps with that

8 Likes

I’m in HR, and I want a Halloween costume. I’d like it to be funny, something culturally relevant would be great, and it can walk the line of sarcasm or slightly tongue in cheek (we’re very informal) but has to be mostly appropriate. Any ideas?

7 Likes

Childless cat lady

5 Likes

The breakdancing Aussie’s sweat suit would probably be very comfortable.

5 Likes

Stolen from Reddit:

Wear a FRIENDS t-shirt(from the TV show) and walk around carrying your company’s employee benefits handbook. Then walk up to people and say things like:

“Hello there friend, would you like to hear the pros and cons of the HMO vs PPO plan? Have you considered investing in to a flexible spending account? I do hope you’re taking full advantage of our 401k matching.”

Friends with benefits

15 Likes

What a great comms strategy if there are certain programs you think are underused in your org

6 Likes

Oh I like all of these!

1 Like

What color and type of shoes would match this dress?

ETA for family photos, gonna be a fall vibe.

3 Likes

Nude flats is my suggestion but I’m not always right lol

2 Likes

Brown leather booties also nice and more fall

1 Like

Ankle boots maybe, brown/tan/beige?

Random mood board for u

3 Likes

Can we also try to operate within the world of wide ass toe spread? :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

To be clear, I appreciate the color and style ideas. Just lamenting some of my struggles in finding options.

2 Likes