Random Questions

Seconding Oro - the only way I got my eShakti refund issues resolved was credit card chargeback. I’m also not ordering from them again cuz it was a major pain.

7 Likes

It’s been more than 60 days so I may already have waited too long. Boo! Last time I eventually got the dress and also a $25 credit for my next purchase. I’m so sad! I have 3 dresses from them- 1 is fine (it’s on me, I picked a weird design) and 2 are fabulous and get me a million compliments. I’m 4’11" with shoulders 2 sizes smaller than my hips so my choices are limited in the dress buying arena.

9 Likes

Yeah they used to be good and reliable! I rec’d them to trans folks all the time because it was made to measure. Such a bummer.

5 Likes

Update! Chase says they will credit my account, :crossed_fingers: they actually do. And hopefully your friends and I will find other sources for dresses. (I think I actually first heard about it from a trans lady on the forums.)

17 Likes

YAY!

I think sometimes they go by last contact, proof of trying here. But IDK the details. Just always got my money by credit card or threatening

3 Likes

Fingers crossed! Chase has been really, really good with chargebacks. I’ve done them a couple of times and never had any issues.

2 Likes

Ugh, I’m so sorry to hear about the issues you’ve had with eShakti and also sad that I won’t be able to order from then anymore. I’ve had some really great orders from them through the years and I found them to be a reliable source for quality items.

2 Likes

I’m kind of in mourning! So sad! I always get compliments and I really wanted that to just be my wardrobe going forward. Alas.

3 Likes

Yeah, I am feeling the loss on eShakti. I felt like I just ordered from them (successfully) but I looked back at my e-mails and my last order was December 2022. Time flies.

3 Likes

I used to love them too and also got burned by an order about a year ago. It really sucks! There’s nobody like them, at least that I’ve found yet, and they made some of my most favoritest clothes.

5 Likes

So I just discovered that a small chunk of our garage siding came off…is this something I can fix myself? Or do I need to call someone? If it matters, our garage is attached to the house on one side, but this is on the opposite side.

1 Like

I would put it back on, with glue and a screw or nail.

I’m curious about why it fell off. Do you have any ideas?

3 Likes

The fence next to it is sagging and so the gate requires a lot of force to close. I’m guessing since the siding is wedged against the fence, one good shove just popped it off. That’s my best guess at least :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Good, it’s not water damage or something like that.

If you want help with the fence/ gate let me know.

2 Likes

Thanks so much!! We’ll see how this goes but may take you up on that :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My home office/craft room has a partially sloped ceiling. Is there an app that will let me put in measurements and play around with different configurations of furniture while automatically taking into account ceiling height?

4 Likes

Does anyone have dry or computer screen strained eyes? What drops you you like? I don’t want to try a bunch to find a good one if I don’t have to.

1 Like

I use Systane gel drops.

https://www.amazon.com/Systane-Lubricant-Drops-10-mL-Packaging/dp/B004IXZJ4W?th=1&psc=1

2 Likes

My kid asked me for a packed lunch this morning as we were shoes on going out the door, I told him it was way too late for that. I said we could do it for tomorrow though, what does he want. “Anything random, but not a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.” One, way to call me out on my go to, child. Two, I do have an idea for actual lunch but he said “anything random” and I’m going to the grocery store this morning. What random shit should I do?

Actual lunch idea: a couple chicken nuggets, cheese stick, pickles, crackers.

7 Likes

Would he like a grown up version of lunchables? Like some crackers, grapes, pepperoni slices, cheese etc?

4 Likes