Random Questions

I have lots of sunflowers! Still need more birds. I was thinking of getting a bird feeder but not sure what kind.

2 Likes
Summary

“Partial remains”?

3 Likes

If my back and front yards are beset by mosquitos but I rent and also live next door to an urban bamboo forest, is there anything that can be done? Note: I do not believe in citronella.

1 Like

Bat boxes? Bats eat mozzies.

2 Likes

Do you believe in thermacell’s?

They seem to be effective for us. I don’t know if they are citronella based.

1 Like

Powerful fans.

4 Likes

Fans. Mosquitos are bad at flying!

6 Likes

Fans sound great but what if I want to garden?? Do I just…drag a fan out with me on an extension cord? Lol

3 Likes

There is one on the house next door! Not a bad idea tbh

1 Like

I wonder if a small rechargeable fan would work?

1 Like

I believe in the fan and thermacell life

2 Likes

Uhhh I mean my usual answer is “accept that I will be bitten up”

But long sleeves, bug spray, and also those goofy looking mesh face covers (goes over a hat and then covers your whole head and neck) are what I actually do.

1 Like

I SHOULD get a goofy mesh face cover for DH tbh. He is usually the Tomato Waterer and skitos like him more than me

1 Like

How many Covid shots have you all received?

I received three and stopped after that. I’m not opposed to the shots. I just haven’t got around to getting more.

Some people on another forum have eight.

I haven’t had Covid yet to my knowledge. DH had it at least once.

5 Likes

I’ve started pairing it with my annual flu shot. I think I’m up to five or six? Maybe 7? But I stopped tracking it, just get it in the fall.

(had covid - I think once? And skipped it last year when husband had it but I’d got a shot three weeks prior)

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s where I’m at. I just get it in the Fall with the flu shot. I’ve gotten all the possible shots so far and have had COVID twice (dang it, Husband with a public facing job!). Round 2 was less awful than round 1, but I’ve still got lingering long COVID stuff rattling around.

5 Likes

I think 4? Maybe 5. And I’ve had Covid twice. I figure at this point I’ll boost it each fall, with flu.

3 Likes

I had 2. Back then, we needed 2 doses in order to get our official ‘proof of vaccination’ and be able to do stuff like going to restaurants and travel. I don’t plan on getting more. I got COVID last december and honestly it wasn’t that bad. I had a big cold 2 months after that was way worse :joy:

1 Like
Summary

How would I do a whole poster, or community group text on that? Like “trying to help owner to give closure after partial remains found. Pet cat. Black fur, white front paws”?

3 Likes

Every single one they would give me as a member of a couple of high-risk groups. Maybe eight? I’ve had covid more than once, but then I have a lot of public exposure to teenagers who are pretty sure they’re immortal. I have not died, and that’s still sort of a surprise. I’ll be getting the updated version as soon as it’s available.

4 Likes