Random Questions

sorry this made me laugh

8 Likes

I always use a leaf blower! Once a year or so I then use a broom then a vacuum to get it super clean.

5 Likes

Team electric leaf blower.

3 Likes

I’m constantly using the leaf blower but the spiderwebs are sticky. So I think it’s wipedown time.

3 Likes

I have good luck with the vacuum hose for things like this. I regularly use the hose to get cobwebs down on my porch and various small leaves and debris. Then sweep after to get it really clean

2 Likes

Somehow they seem extra sticky in the garage! And then there are the dead bugs and other things. I am so squicked out and don’t want to bring my inside vacuum to the garage for this :joy: Would not be surprised if there are spider egg sacs and other things as well!

Is there a local tool library that you could rent a shopvac or other Serious Cleaning Device from?

4 Likes

Hmmmmm actually next time Friend Contractor comes over I might borrow his! Will still need to do some kind of wet wiping though.

2 Likes

If you manage to suck up most of the webs, it might be a lot easier to just use like… a damp paper towel stuck into a Swiffer.

1 Like

@frecks I am in a sticky phase of life so I use a vileda spray mop constantly and a steam mop like twice a month

2 Likes

Where do you go to learn more about ingredients used for yard/outdoor plant management? My ideal would be science based, Emily Oster style distillation for a general audience, and not a source that is selling a product or uses the word “toxin” too frequently.

5 Likes

I think this is your million dollar idea.

I usually check out a university Agricultural Extension in my state like this one for IL and search a word related to my interest. Found this article when I searched “pesticides,” for example:

5 Likes

Smart! I should check out our CSU extension page.

3 Likes

Would anyone here be interested in buying a Lululemon gift card at a discount?

Husband got one for his birthday and he isn’t really into it. Trying to figure out how to turn it into PlayStation credit instead lol.

5 Likes

I have friends who have moved to Mexico and I have said I’ll attempt to come visit them in November. Money is kind of an issue. They told me what the local X-Pats there do is fly in and out of Tijuana airport and walk across on the CBX bridge to San Diego.

I’ve looked into that it is is 1/3 the cost to just drive over there and park for 7 days and fly one of the airlines that fly out of that airport. I have never been to San Diego. The parking at CBX is $17/day in the least expensive lot.

I’m asking if anyone has any experience with any of this. I’m assuming that it is safe to leave my car in their parking lot. I’m assuming that Tijuana airport is safe. My Spanish is not great, but I did fly into and out of Honduras when I worked there so I know how to read signs and stuff. Just looking for ideas of how good of an idea this is. If this works I can see going to visit them fairlly often.

1 Like

I’ve never been to the tiajuana airport but I’ve been to two other major mexican airports. They are very, very used to Americans who don’t speak spanish. They all know some English, even if they pretend not to, and your phone can have a translation app.

I can’t speak to the car thing, but the human part will be ok.

3 Likes

What is the not-bowl, not-plate called? We got two as hand me downs and I’d like to get more, or something similar to it.

8 Likes

In my wedding china set, that’s what the soup bowl looks like.

2 Likes

In Corelle, they’re called “meal bowls.” We love ours!

7 Likes

In my set it was called the “pasta bowl”.

2 Likes