Random Questions

Costco frozen pizza, Costco bagged salad, apple and banana!

Wahooo living the convenience life.

3 Likes

I bought the steam mop in 2018! And then haven’t used it for years, until recently. I don’t remember when I stopped using it at my old house but I know I didn’t use it at all at the house I just moved out of. Maybe it has had two years of use? The old house had no real hardwood, just the fake hardwoods and the vinyl/linoleum, I don’t know. My last house had real wood like I have in this rental, but I never used it there like I said. It does say it’s safe for hardwoods and tile, it doesn’t mention the plastic stuff.

All that to say, I don’t know if I’m a steam mop person for sure, I just want something that works well and doesn’t involve a bucket and I probably bought the steam mop originally because I didn’t want to have to constantly buy refill bottles and pads like with with a Swiffer wet jet. I don’t remember for sure, I just know I was probably being cheap. :smiley:

3 Likes

Google say no for vinyl, yes for linoleum. I suppose I could ask my landlord what we have.

2 Likes

True linoleum isn’t very common these days, vinyl is much more common.

We have hardwood floors and a lease which stipulates we are not allowed to use steam mops.

We clean our hardwoods with bona spray and a washable mop pad. And unfortunately I can’t help you otherwise because we still use mop and bucket for our kitchen and bathroom floors which are vinyl.

5 Likes

I use this Bona Multi-Surface Floor Premium Spray Mop - no bucket and mop, and I like that the pads are reusable. It probably doesn’t deep clean as well as a steam mop, but works for my level of caring.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09WGFKRG1/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?pd_rd_i=B09WGFKRG1&pd_rd_w=QcQ31&content-id=amzn1.sym.386c274b-4bfe-4421-9052-a1a56db557ab&pf_rd_p=386c274b-4bfe-4421-9052-a1a56db557ab&pf_rd_r=P46A56BE5817DS8R1QZ3&pd_rd_wg=YTdLh&pd_rd_r=f3a35d8a-f674-4ad7-ac69-b8fd0ba9086a&s=home-garden&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWxfdGhlbWF0aWM&th=1

1 Like

Don’t listen to the haters. Steam mops for life.

5 Likes

I tried the vinegar thing. I’m not sure it worked. :frowning: But since I had the vinegar out, I cleaned my coffee maker. Feeling virtuous about that.

8 Likes

I have a spray mop with removable pads and I love it. We used them at the gym I worked at and they were so good I got one for home. It’s a good enough mop 98% of the time In my
Household.

This is the one I have it is great

https://amzn.to/4cZDPDg

Also don’t use steam mops on LVP, spoken as someone who has seen them warped by that

6 Likes

It’s so cheap! And it includes three reusable pads? That’s great! Thanks.

I did use the steam mop on LVP in my last rental, somewhere between the years 2018-2020ish. Ooops. I haven’t had that kind of flooring since January 2022 though.

1 Like

Is there a low or no fragrance Swiffer kind of thing out there? There are cobwebs all over the garage and I get rid of them with a branch but really I should be wiping down surfaces. And I am looking for disposable wipes because there are some pretty gross spots.

1 Like

I know you said disposable wipes, but if you have rags, I just tuck those into the swiffer grippy points and spray with a white vinegar and water solution

5 Likes

That’s an idea! Do they hold well?

2 Likes

Usually I did rhis all the time before I had a spray mop (which is also a solution to your issue)

1 Like

The mop would get so gross in my garage :joy:

It’s full of spiders and dead bugs.

I mean all the parts that would get gross are washable

2 Likes

Stuff that is covered in dead bugs and mouse droppings and whatever else I want to use gloves and tools to move them straight into the trash and not ever think about it again :joy:

1 Like

Paper towels work too

4 Likes

Yep, just fine in my experience

1 Like

I don’t think they’ll be as effective if I want to “mop” the whole garage floor…

I would do a big sweep first and only after that use the sweeper type thing.

Or you could use a leaf blower to clear out debris like my husband.

8 Likes