Random Questions

I’ve done English to English translations for the tablet to read out loud and also provide spelling for Kiddo.

2 Likes

Thank you guys!

Is there a topic for remodeling brainstorming? If not would anyone be interested in a thread to bounce ideas on floor plans and material choices and cost estimates?

We might be moving forward with a smallish bathroom/closet remodel sooner than anticipated!

@lhamo @aaronpk @Ferngully @plainjane

7 Likes

There’s this older thread, but I don’t know if it’s what you’re looking for: Renovating sustainably - The Big Money Playpen - Oh My Dollar

I’d be interested in a new thread if you start one! We might end up doing a smallish bathroom remodel at some point.

2 Likes

Ooh a chance to opine with no responsibility for consequences? I’d love to :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

We just remodeled 2 bathrooms about a year and a half ago but it was not carefully planned or thought out :joy:, not did we work with a well-organized contractor. But it got done before the baby came and nothing has leaked so far.

Following to opine without any responsibilities.

3 Likes

Very random -

For those of you who lift weights and do deadlift, hip thrust, or squats, which is your heaviest lift?

My husband and I disagree (based on anecdotal evidence from ourselves and the people we know), but I’m convinced it’s mostly gender related / due to what we focus on in our workouts.

4 Likes

Mine is deadlift but I’ve never tried weighted hip thrusts. My husband’s heaviest is hip thrusts.

ETA - I just asked him and his heaviest hip thrust was 755# and he weighed 178#.

4 Likes

Dude, that’s impressive!

The most I’ve gotten off the ground was 415#. I’m still working back up to that.

4 Likes

I mean, he was living at the olympic training center and was a full time athlete. At this point in life there is no way he could do that much :rofl:

7 Likes

I suppose that does make a big difference :sweat_smile: I am fitting my workouts in over my lunch break at work and while my kids play video games on the weekends, obviously I don’t get to hip thrust 700 lbs!

4 Likes

What’s a good cd interest rate now? I think my bank has 5% for 7 months and I have one maturing next week so I was going to just open a new one?

3 Likes

Vanguard has some at 5.45%, but that’s one of the highest I’ve seen. 5% for 7 months sounds pretty good, especially if it’s at a bank you already use.

2 Likes

Mine was always deadlift. I love deadlift :joy: but seriously my PR on deadlift was always like twice my squat. But yeah I’ve also never tried weighted hip thrusts.

3 Likes

That’s because deadlift is the best :slight_smile:

1 Like

Knew I liked you.

1 Like

Does anyone have experience getting insurance through a broker instead of an agent tied to a specific company? How did you pick? Does yours provide any services/support if you have a claim like an agent might? Do you pay them a fee or are they just paid commission by the insurance co? Thankssssss!

4 Likes

I have had the same broker for probably 20 years and they have been great. I was “sold” to them when my agent retired, so I didn’t actually go looking for them. They have worked with me to change my carrier I think three times to less expensive ones when I’ve asked, and one time even contacted me out of the blue to tell me I could save a lot of money by switching. I’m sure they work on commission like independent agents, but they are very willing to be helpful in my experience. I don’t pay a fee. When I had a claim I called the carrier directly.

3 Likes

Back in the days when my Gym was still open :confounded: it was the deadlift

2 Likes

Does a service exist where I tell them what kind of trip I want and the balance of all my credit card/airline/hotel …etc points and then they make it happen?

I’ve been trying to understand travel hacking through reading many articles and forums and I don’t know if it’s fear of fucking up or what, but it’s like my brain cannot process anything more complicated than the most simple “exchange points for straight forward cash equivalent”.

10 Likes