Random Questions

Car seat headrest hooks. One of the bags over the hook, the rest inside that bag. On the front passenger seat.

4 Likes

Pantry drawer (we rarely drive to the store) and folded up in a car seat pocket

One bag is the bag of holding, the rest get folded up into that one. The bag is holding is not the biggest bag, it’s probably medium size. The bigger ones definitely need to be folded up to be reasonable. All that in the upper cabinet we don’t use often. If the bags fall on my head when I pull them out it’s not a problem.

6 Likes

I have one of those bag socks that hangs on a hook. But those bags are rarely available in Denver anymore, so I will be out soon and THEN where will I be?

1 Like

I have a large Tupperware bin in the back of my car where I put my groceries, so I just leave all of the bags back there in the bin to hopefully remind myself to bring them in the store with me

1 Like

Folded up, place in one of the bags. Stored in the car.

1 Like

Like this if what I described didn’t make sense.

4 Likes

I finally have a set up I like! We hung these large baskets just inside the garage door. They are big enough that we can toss the bags in without folding or fiddling with so it’s the only system that has actually worked to get them off a pile on the floor. (Hand for scale)

ETA: X-cosrack Metal Wire Basket Wall Mount, 3 Tier Wall Storage Basket Organizer with Chalkboards Hooks, Kitchen Fruits and Vegetables Produce Bin Rack Toys Organizer Bathroom Tower Hanging Basket (White) Amazon.com - X-cosrack Metal Wire Basket Wall Mount, 3 Tier Wall Storage Basket Organizer with Chalkboards Hooks, Kitchen Fruits and Vegetables Produce Bin Rack Toys Organizer Bathroom Tower Hanging Basket (White)

2 Likes

Shoved into a soft sided cooler lunchbox thing. Has the bonus of a little structure so it doesn’t flop over in the pantry and the cooler bag comes in handy sometimes with cold things if we aren’t going straight home

2 Likes

I just realized I misinterpreted this question to refer to disposable grocery bags. Like, the plastic bags that you’re going to reuse? The actual reusable ones are low-key ruining my life. I am thinking of throwing them all away and replacing them with the ones that fold up into their own pocket.

2 Likes

Hanging in the closet in an impenetrable tangle that takes up too much space and is the last place I think of stopping to get them on the way out to the store. Do not recommend.

3 Likes

Theoretically stored in a drawer next to the fridge (kitchen is on the way out of the house). More typically there’s one lying on a counter somewhere which means I stand a chance of remembering it, although more than occasionally I still find myself walking out of the grocery store and home balancing an uncomfortable number of things in my arms.

2 Likes

I was looking at baskets like this but didn’t think any were big enough for reusable bags!

3 Likes

I threw out a lot/ got down to the ones that work for us.

I keep a small bag of bags in the coat closet for me and then two big bags in the back of the van

4 Likes

I have one that folds into it’s own tiny pocket that I keep in my purse, and I have two of the square-bottomed ones that I keep in my car. I tend to do grocery pickup for big orders, and I have a fold-up crate and a large insulated bag that stay in the back of my car for that. My husband is really good about putting everything back in my car after we unload groceries, and that’s probably my saving grace :smile:

All other canvas bags live in a bin in our laundry space, for use as needed for swimming, trips, etc.

3 Likes

primary bag - crumpled in the bottom of the shadowy one’s backpack
backup nylon bag that folds into its pocket - in my bag

2-3 additional bags - hanging/folded in the tall pantry cupboard with the kitchen broom
2 bags with folded bags in the basement

This reflects that we are car free, walking to and from groceries, do not get delivery/pick-up, and we are two adults, one of whom always has a backpack.

4 Likes

I’ve lost my voice. I have an iPhone. How can I type something into my phone and have it say it out loud for my 4 year old to hear? (She obviously can’t just read off the phone) Thank you.

5 Likes

There’s probably an easier way but my first thought is to pull up google Spanish to English translation and there’s a microphone button that will tell you what it says on each language?

2 Likes

Example:

3 Likes

Are you in the US? Kaiyo.com and apt2deco.com are both resellers of used mid-range furniture with many different brands & styles. I got a leather West Elm recliner from there for 50% of retail (so $600ish).

2 Likes