Random Questions

It’s dry there, normally. But it’s in the mountains so the weather is unpredictable.

I really want to stay here. It’s a fun hostel downtown, the other place we can stay is in the country so I’d have to rent a car.

But if we are hot and miserable it’s not worth it.

Making this decision without more info is not my favourite.

5 Likes

Can you call them on the phone to discuss likely internal temp for your visit month? By October in mycountry mountains you’d be fine. In the Laurentians you’d be fine year round except July and the rare day in June/August

5 Likes

Do you prefer baths or showers? Assume access to a bath or shower appropriate to your size, clean, good temperature/pressure, etc.

• Bath
  • Shower
  • Literally no preference
  • I have caveats to my choice
0 voters

Blockquote

We spent 6 years in an apartment with a claw foot tub and no shower, and I don’t think I’ve taken a bath since, and that was in a previous century.

5 Likes

Oh interesting, I’ve been lots of places with only a shower, none with only a tub!

I guess a slightly different question might be if you could only ever take one or the other, which would you pick? I would almost pick shower if I never got so sick I couldn’t stand in the shower or injured.

1 Like

Oh, definitely shower for mobility problems! When we remodeled in Ohio we took out the tub and put in a walk-in shower and I miss it so much.

2 Likes

I like both for different things. A shower is better for getting clean, but baths are incredible for relaxing and helping with my sore muscles…etc.

4 Likes

We have both, but the shower literally hasn’t been used once since roommate moved out at the beginning of the pandemic. Well, we do use it to wash the dogs, but not the people

1 Like

Shower for cleaning, bath for relaxing.

3 Likes

Bath for relaxing, reading, soaking. Shower for actually getting clean. I like combo shower/tubs so that I can take a bath and then rinse off with a shower for actually getting clean. I’ve never had one but I’ve seen fancy master baths with separate showers and bathtubs and I don’t think I’d like that as much.

4 Likes

Stepmom mentioned that when she was staying with her grandma as a child, she was startled when Nanny called, “I didn’t hear the shower!” She required a shower after for rinsing purposes!

2 Likes

DO you think culturally, Millennials are still viewed as 20 year olds? We’re 40 now, I keep finding myself screaming at articles. We’re FORTY NOW

18 Likes

Probably. Because I am Gen X and SURELY I am not middle aged, therefore you are just a wee babe! (News Flash: I am indeed middle aged. This is difficult to acknowledge for oneself.)

13 Likes

Let’s say my dumb ass thawed in the microwave a container of chopped up bell peppers at lunchtime yesterday. Then forgot about them until this morning so they sat in there for going on 24 hours now.

Safe? Or toss?

1 Like

I would toss.

1 Like

Sadly I’m team toss here, and I push some LIMITS for food safety :joy:

2 Likes

Yeahhhhhh. Dammit.
I am just going to have to, for the foreseeable future, not do ANYTHING during work meetings that involves me leaving my desk. This is also how I burnt my lunch. My “quick status” meeting turned into an “everyone freak out” meeting.

4 Likes

Thanks to a lot of tenants leaving a lot of things behind over the years we now have one of every major gaming system. None of them are set up. Does anyone know of a tidy and efficient way to connect them all to one tv, so we can switch between them easily? I feel like some frat bro somewhere has this system down but I don’t know that guy.

9 Likes

What do the back(s) of the potential tv(s) look like for connectivity? I think we have four systems on one TV at home that is video game only TV (no roku or whatever).

2 Likes

You probably want an HDMI hub that all the game systems will connect to and then has one cord that inputs to the tv

2 Likes