Random Questions

Totally normal to sometimes feel heart beat in your stomach- abdominal aorta doing its thing there. Palpitations are commonly felt in the neck, too. Generally totally benign. I get them most when dehydrated, personally.

I’d personally wait a few days to recover, focus on rest and hydration, and see if it resolves organically or worsens in any worrying ways, and if it doesn’t go away go for a normal PCP type check. Nothing you said sends up urgent care type red flags for me.

4 Likes

Thank you!!! I did get pretty dehydrated so that’s probably it. Really appreciate the sanity check :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Does anyone use Blueland or a similar eco-friendly refill-oriented cleaning system? I think there’s another popular one (sold in target maybe?) but I can’t remember what it’s called. Looking for reviews, especially on the dishwasher and laundry detergent tabs

4 Likes

I really like the dishwasher tabs. The laundry tabs are ok, but I wash most of my clothes on cold and they don’t always dissolve all the way. I’ve started adding a soak step which helps.

The hand soap is so close to good, but the grains settle to the bottom of the dispenser and if you don’t shake it up every time it clogs the pump. I don’t think I’m going to buy any more once I’m done with these.

Minor rant, but there isn’t a way to change the address on an auto ship order, so when we moved I had to cancel and redo the order which was fine but also what terrible website design!

5 Likes

I’m curious about blueland too, so following! For laundry, I use Earth Breeze sheets and love them! I’ve been using them for over a year now. Half a sheet is good for almost all of our loads.

3 Likes

I use Blueland dishwasher tabs, laundry tabs, hand soap, and (most recently) the toilet tabs! I’ve been super happy with all of them.

The only time the laundry tabs haven’t dissolved for me is when I way overstuffed the washer. I haven’t had any issues with the hand soap settling, but I make sure to dissolve the tabs in super warm water, and I also don’t use the Blueland soap dispensers. I use the ever spring foaming soap dispensers from Target and they work well for me.

5 Likes

I use the laundry tabs, dishwasher tabs, multi surface cleaner, and hand soap. Tried the dish soap powder and body wash but just didn’t click for me (I found a dish soap concentrate instead).

Sometimes the laundry tab doesn’t dissolve all the way, but then I just put in a half-tab next time. Sometimes it’s horrifying to pay $70 for a refill order (I usually get a few months at a time) but I did some price comparisons and it’s not out of line, we just do a horrifying amount of laundry.

5 Likes

I used the blue land stuff for a while but it was so expensive. Now I buy the target brand one. I also recently bought this one from Amazon and really like it!! FOMIN Foaming Hand Soap Tablet… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BXSLNY4M?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

6 Likes

I didn’t know there was a whole range of alternatives, thanks for the tip!

2 Likes

The hand soap we love. Dishwasher tabs are okay but we just don’t have patience right now for anything less than the best, so we switched back to Cascade.

We also have glass cleaner and the bathroom cleaner and they both do the job, but I don’t love their spray bottles.

The dish soap powder feels like it’s going to give you lung cancer, so we discontinued use.

We use powdered laundry detergent.

4 Likes

I think this is the brand I couldn’t remember! Thanks everyone for your input.

7 Likes

There are some pork cops that have been in the freezer way too long. I don’t think they’ll taste great on their own so I’m trying to think of what I could add them to. What’s a use for them besides pork fried rice? I feel like I’ve made fried rice too much lately.

4 Likes

tacos? larb? (ETA: too much fried rice does not compute) glass noodle salad with nuoc cham?

eta2: something with peanut sauce, like a gado gado salad? chop up finely

1 Like

Honestly, pork chops are already so prone to being too dry and freezer burn makes stuff too dry that it would probably be dog food for us. And I eat like, old old old frozen ground elk haha. But it’s hard to save a dry AF pork chop.

2 Likes

Try a pulled pork braise? I figure adding sauce will help hide any problems

1 Like

Tacos with a marinade first sounds like a winner. Thanks everyone!

3 Likes

Does anyone know anything about tree service? We were just quoted $2100 to trim two trees. Is that… a lot? What questions should we ask? The estimate just says “30” front yard. Bucket access from street. Prune-, Clean Deadwood >1",Thin, Raise, Reduce, Clear Structure and Balance" for one tree and “41” multistemmed front yard. Prune-, Clean Deadwood >1", Thin, Raise,Reduce, Clear Structure and Balance" for the second tree and we don’t really know what that means!

2 Likes

That is a LOT. Maybe google search tree services to see reviews, and maybe search Nextdoor. Of course, I don’t know the market rate in your area.

3 Likes

LOL, I am searching Nextdoor as we speak. The Boy is in charge of this project but he is not Nextdoor-savvy so I am supporting with that piece.

I remember having a whole ass tree cut down for like $400 back in 2016.

4 Likes

It may in some ways be cheaper to cut a tree down than to do detailed pruning and care work - it takes less time and in some ways less expertise.

My gut feeling is that’s a reasonable price but I live in a ridiculous HCOLA so my gut should maybe not be trusted.

4 Likes