Random Questions

Do I need to be a Costco member to get that deal? Because I’m not. I sent a message to Kaiser (Vision Essentials, or KP2020.org, why do they have so many names?) to cancel, so hopefully they will!

1 Like

30% off contacts deal at Walgreens website!

1 Like

What are these for? I have regular beaters and then… These.

5 Likes

Dough perhaps?

5 Likes

those are dough hooks. for kneeding bread

6 Likes

Dough? They kind of look like the dough hook for the kitchenaid mixer

3 Likes

Jinx you owe me a coke!

7 Likes

As my children would sing song … “jinx machine is out of order PLEASE insert another quarter”

10 Likes

hehe! I haven’t heard that one!!!

4 Likes

Dough hooks seems really optimistic for the power of that motor, but okay. I doubt the manufacturer, not y’all. Or maybe I was overly hard on the machine I tried to used the dough hooks for a decade ago that killed the machine.

7 Likes

I immediately thought the shape of the attachment would be perfect for duck reproduction, but that doesn’t require electricity.

15 Likes

Agreeed, but it was probably a marketing gimmick.

Ie, the motor is likely not strong enough for them to be effective. But they sold more because they came with it.

4 Likes

Screaming lmao

2 Likes

Does anyone have a VPN they would recommend? We plan on subscribing to one this year.

2 Likes

Any good language learning apps besides Duolingo? Apparently they’ve gone over to the dark side and have laid off a ton of staff and are using AI with a few people to make sure translations are ‘acceptable’. I don’t know if I wanna keep using it.

2 Likes

I use ExpressVPN and have no complaints but I also haven’t compared it to others. Well, I do have a complaint which is that streaming services aren’t fooled by it at all but my understanding is that this is an issue across the board with vpns unfortunately.

1 Like

Surfshark also doesn’t fool Netflix. It’s easy and does its job.

1 Like

NordVPN works fine (currently have linux and windows systems running, not sure what you’re planning to use it for). Sometimes annoys streaming services, sometimes doesn’t, seems to depend on where I’m routing through. Customer support hasn’t thrilled me (we swear you aren’t having the problem you just sent us the log file for), but thus far I haven’t run into any showstopper issues.

2 Likes

I live in Denver and I want to go cross country skiing. I have never done this before. It will be just me and my 12-year-old, and we are reasonably fit but have no experience. Does anyone have advice about where to start? I literally have no idea at all.

6 Likes

Look up “nordic centers” near you? They have groomed trails, maps, rentals, and usually a warm place with food and/or drink! Very jealous of your snow access, it’s slush city over here.

2 Likes