Random Questions

They hurt to break in, but I wear mine sept to may. I wore my Sorels maybe 10 days last winter. They look nice enough for almost anything. I hike in them.

I am a millenial mom

5 Likes

I wore mine most days for several years and they didn’t even look especially worn. I’m a huge fan.

3 Likes

I love my Blundstones. I have pretty severe arthritis in my big toe on my left foot, and slightly less severe on the right foot, and they are some of the only non-Hoka shoes that I can wear anymore without pain. They are super roomy so they have room for inserts, and they are stiff on the bottom with lots of support. Also even though you have to pull your feet in to put them on, I feel like they are stretchy enough that it doesn’t cause pain. I’ve had mine for 6 years and they still look brand new. I’d definitely buy another pair

5 Likes

Yes, I have one for shrugging guy. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

5 Likes

Oh wait. I thought you were talking about keyboard shortcuts!

4 Likes

Has anyone used an embroidery machine and has tips for getting started? We have one at the library and my goal is to embroider D20s onto a set of cloth napkins as a gift. The people who work in the sewing lab could teach me but I thought anything I can learn ahead of time would be great.

2 Likes

Your library has a sewing lab??? Cool!

So this may turn into a question. It started as a question I was coming here to ask. Remember I am old(er) and not all my pistons always fire in order…

Ok, so I am having a lack of energy, long term, issue. I don’t ear ‘right’ on a good day. I was thinking about trying on the Whole 30 again (decided no), but I was making a peanut butter sandwich at the time. I eat peanut butter sandwiches every morning. I was thinking through what is allowed on the diet, and what I eat, and then thinking about the food pyramid and how close I do or don’t get to it in a day currently. I know peanuts are a legume. I was actually thinking that it isn’t allowed in the diet because of that, but first I thought of green peas, which I think are a vegetable. I was trying to stretch to make peanuts a vegetable. Which they are not, I don’t think. This borders on making ketchup a serving of veggies but worse. So a bean? Peanuts seem like an orphan that no one wants to claim. Where would peanut butter fit on the food pyramid?

3 Likes

On the food pyramid they’re under protein and it gives 2 tablespoons as a serving. Whole 30 doesn’t allow it because of pthlalates and that they’re legumes rather than real nuts.

Signed, someone who frequently has peanut butter toast for breakfast and now I know more about it

5 Likes

On the vegetarian versions I see it cross listed as a protein and as a fat source.

I tend to count it as both or either depending on what I need more of. I also count it as a fibre source.

Summary

This text will be hidden

So my goals are eat enough
Fat
Vegetables
Fruits
Fibre
Protein
Starchy/carby foods (this is not a goal I have ever missed. Unless I ate pure sugar)

So if I feel icky and realize I’m low on fat or fibre or protein PB is an easy fix. If I am living on chocolate chips and peanut butter on a spoon and I feel icky, I should maybe make a smoothie or spread that on toast with banana.

5 Likes

You should add banana slices to that peanut butter toast. You won’t be sorry.

3 Likes

and cinnamon

2 Likes

And a tiny drizzle of honey on top of all that. :drooling_face:

3 Likes

This is starting to move into the arena of actual cooking! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What can be done with chocolate fudge that is too soft? Even refrigerated it’s not firm enough for gifts. I’ve certainly overcooked it before and had hard fudge but I haven’t made it too soft before.

Layered between cake or cookies?

4 Likes

Ice cream topping? Part of a make your own mocha or hot chocolate kit?

3 Likes

Delicious fudge sauce for ice cream, or pound cake.

3 Likes

As a filling for a sandwich cookie?

1 Like

Spoon into mouth

4 Likes