Random Questions

7 Likes

I made it! It’s absolutely scratching the itch even tho I skipped pork.

10 Likes

This used like 1/6 of the cabbage. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Colcannon is good if you need a 6th culture to take cabbage ideas from

(6 was an estimate but we’ve got Japan, China, 3-5 different Eastern European dishes and now Irish!)

5 Likes

Maybe I’ll make some okonomiyake with all the leftover veggies in my fridge……

3 Likes

I had never heard of this ty!

2 Likes

It’s basically mashed potatoes with cabbage +/- bacon. Very simple and very yummy

3 Likes

8D Im not hard to convince on this one hehehe

3 Likes

I’m so shocked it’s not more well known. Colcannon should really be the star of st patty’s day meals. So damn good.

7 Likes

Is it pronounced ColCANon or ColCaNON ?

1 Like

I say it like that but I stopped learning Irish after my dad made fun of my accent so only 75% chance I’m right

5 Likes

That’s how I say it but I’ve also learned my family says many words in weird ways over the years :joy:

4 Likes

Websters says it’s 'call cannon" - that’ll be the anglicized pronunciation. I don’t know the Irish.

I do love colcannon, and I don’t think I’ve made it in several years. Must fix that.

2 Likes

It’s pronounced like this. I went to an Irish play with that title :slight_smile:

Oh and food was included and I think that’s what I ate!

2 Likes

Has anyone played around with apple shortcuts? I just discovered this and I am really excited about some options.

One person said you can make one that when your phone detects a baby crying it will text your partner with “your turn” and start playing calming music :rofl:

I am trying to make one that automatically prompts me to call an uber 2.5 hours before my flight time in my calendar.

I have already made these: automatically pay my friend a venmo every month at the same time. When I say “take me home” pull up google maps with my address preloaded. Shortcuts for timers for different lengths. Mr. Ninja made one that automatically texts me when he leaves the office.

I am looking for other ideas on how people have used shortcuts to play with!

9 Likes

Wow I haven’t heard of these! I recently set up a keyboard shortcut that when I type an acronym it sends a message for buy nothing pickup with my address. I didn’t know you could make like old school macros!

4 Likes

here is a video to get you started!

4 Likes

Thank you! You might enjoy the lazy genius Facebook group. People post a lot of stuff like this.

1 Like

Talk to me about blundstone boots. Worth it or not? Comfortable? Fit? Any details would be appreciated. I feel that I skipped the Ugg boot trend and this is the latest one.

6 Likes

For me they live up to the hype. I got a pair last year when my foot size changed. Now that mixed fall weather has set in, I wear mine probably 50% of the time I go outside.

I have wide feet and PF, and they’re still pretty comfortable. I got the black heeled pair and still find them very walkable even with all my foot issues, so I imagine the regular pair would be even more comfortable. Weatherproof, grippy enough for casual hikes, and works for business casual.

Their sizing is a bit unusual. Half and full sizes are the same length, the half size is just wider. The ankle height is fairly tall, and might bother people who don’t like shoving their foot through. It loosens with time though. I would try on in person if at all possible.

6 Likes