Random Questions

Use as a ‘fondant filling for dipped chocolates?

1 Like

I did this one. :rofl:

3 Likes

I want to make cinnamon rolls for my neighbor for Christmas, does anyone have a go to recipe?

5 Likes

Do you want to do a full yeasted recipe or a quicker baking powder one?

2 Likes

A yeasted recipe if you have one!

1 Like

I have my great grandmother’s ! I’ll take a pic in a few minutes.
My mom wrote it down when she was a teenager following her grandmother around the kitchen. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I don’t have a recipe, we used to use bread dough and then make a cinnamon butter. But to get the cinnabun taste we added vanilla to the cinnamon sugar butter. I think we also did something to get extra goo above and below. All cinnamon buns are good. I was at IKEA Monday and came very very close to having gluten via cinnamon bun

3 Likes

8 Likes

Should note, the sauce is a caramel sauce and fuckin delicious, not a cream cheese sauce.

6 Likes

I have a fantastic cream cheese frosting recipe you want it. I sometimes make frosted ones, and sometimes it’s caramel pecan rolls.

3 Likes

This is exactly what I was looking for, a tried and true family recipe, thank you! I’ve never done the caramel sauce but I can’t wait to try it!

5 Likes

I’m definitely going to add pecans with the caramel sauce!

6 Likes

I will be making some tomorrow to gift my boss. I give them unbaked so they can eat them fresh and hot.

6 Likes

Is poshmark still a good option for reselling clothes? Or is there any newer more popular reselling app I may be missing?

5 Likes

Is anyone on a biologic med for UC? (Like Humira?) if you could give a brief message to me how it’s been for you, if it’s kept you in remission, how side effects have been etc, I’d really appreciate it. Trying to convince a relative it’s a good option :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Poshmark certain brands and popular items sell really fast. If things aren’t selling, eBay tends to work for me too. I think people use Mercari too but I’ve only bought 1-2 things, never sold.

2 Likes

Depending on what kind of clothes you’re selling, I recently discovered Facebook BST (Buy Sell Trade) groups and have done well there!

2 Likes

I could probably make more this way with the brands I will sell l but it seems like so much back and forth to make a sale and keep track of stuff? Or is it not so bad once you get started with it?

2 Likes

I ship using ShipStation through PayPal and it’s discounted and insured and provides tracking. I would sell stuff through PayPal or Venmo good & services only (there’s a small fee for you, but also buyer/seller protections).

There’s this whole language in BST groups, like “sold” (sold to the first person who responds) and “next”. And then once you get paid, confirm the shipping address and message them the tracking. It’s a little more work than eBay or Poshmark but both my sell rate and pricing have been far better in the BST groups. If you have a lot of stuff, you can also give priority to bundles to deal with fewer packages. Usually I’d include shipping and offer $5 off each additional item (or $10 off heavier items).

5 Likes

Auld Ones: what did you do for fun as a kid/family when you didn’t have a phone, tablet, and streaming tv

2 Likes