Random Questions

I just got a text from a local friend asking this same question, and I don’t know the answer.

It’s the 24th, the day after Thanksgiving in the US

2 Likes

I believe Veterans day is a day off for more people in the States than Remembrance Day is here.

2 Likes

I can never remember when American Thanksgiving is.
Or Canadian Thanksgiving.
They need to pick a day and stick to it.

3 Likes

some places that are more closely aligned to Chinese culture, or looking for an excuse, might be doing singles day sales for 11/11

That is why the shadowy one’s glasses today were 2 for 1 apparently.

1 Like

Yep, the 24th but a lot of retailers are doing “early Black Friday” or offering it all month or whatever nonsense their marketing people came up with.

Then the 27th is supposedly Cyber Monday, then Giving Tuesday the day after that when the nonprofits take advantage of people in the spending money mood/consumer guilt. I’ve already seen several mentions of Giving Tuesday though so expect hints that it’s “soon” for a few more weeks.

5 Likes

And the 25th is Small Business Saturday, so lots of local places has sales and discounts then.

4 Likes

I can picture a dystopian future where every day of the year is a themed spending day.

14 Likes

Yeah I was literally searching for a small upright freezer and BestBuy has “early Black Friday” deals already on their site. it’s literally 2 weeks away!

2 Likes

This is all disturbing but I think Star is probably right. Remembrance day isn’t a holiday weekend. We just observe it. So if you guys have it off that is the holiday you’re referencing.

3 Likes

November 11 is Veterans Day in the US.

I don’t think most people have Veteran’s Day off. The Post Office, banks, and government offices are closed.

But school was open and everything else that I could see.

5 Likes

Huh, school was closed here.

1 Like

School was open but munipal government was closed. Strangely, because the observed day for city government was Friday, the library is closed on Friday (the 10th) but OPEN on Saturday (the 11th).

6 Likes

My dh used to get VD off as the day after Thanksgiving. Lol

2 Likes

Sorry this isn’t a question, but it is random?

I don’t have a journal and didn’t want to just disappear. I’m taking a forum break for the rest of the calendar year. See you all in January :blush:

25 Likes

Have a good November and December!

Folks who have had endoscopies done, is it normal to still have a lot of pain at the jaw joints 4 days post procedure?

6 Likes

Mr. Meer doesn’t recall any jaw pain and thinks one shouldn’t have any to begin with?

2 Likes

Have a good forum break and we look forward to seeing you in the new year :heart:

3 Likes