Random Questions

My electrician told me that knob and tube in good condition is safe as long as it’s not disturbed or insulated. I don’t know about aluminum though.

4 Likes

Maybe ask @Economista too? I think her dad is an electrician and gives good practical advice.

2 Likes

figure out if your insurance company will still take you/impact on their pricing

4 Likes

We chose not to put in an offer on a house with aluminum wiring. My dad said as long as it’s in good shape it’s fine, but the problem is how do you know when it starts to not be in good shape? I figured that there were enough houses around without it that we would be extra cautious and not offer on the house we like that had it.

5 Likes

What is this style of dress called? Where it’s tight the whole length then has a little skirt at the end? My daughter has a similar one she loves that is getting way too small and I’d like to search replacement options. This popped up on Amazon but I don’t want apple print, lol.

drop waist?

4 Likes

Thank you! That brings some up.

1 Like

perhaps flapper?

1 Like

I’ve seen it called fit and flare I think?

I thought so but I was getting higher waists and full skirts.

Flounced skirt?
Ruffled skirt dress?

1 Like

In dressmaking terms, it’s dropped waist,so I think you’ll get the best results with that term.

It’s great for little kids because they are pretty straight up and down.

3 Likes

I saw a “fit and flare” toddler dress ad (it used those words!) and I was like, WTF is it supposed to be fitting and flaring away from?! We are talking about a baby!

3 Likes

What photo/holiday card online service do you like the best? I mean where you just choose photos and upload a CSV of addresses lol.

I used Shutterfly this year because they subsumed Costco. No complaints, cards came out nice.

1 Like

I just learned that Intuit is shutting down Mint, which I’ve used for like 15 years, and moving everyone to Credit Karma. I just want something that automatically pulls all my spending from my cards and updates my net worth from my bank and investing accounts. I don’t want to have to manually input stuff into a spreadsheet. Should I move to Credit Karma or something else?

5 Likes

Well, that’s annoying. I mostly use Mint to track and categorize credit card transactions and make sure nothing pops up unexpectedly…I don’t really care one way or the other what they call the site, but if it doesn’t have a spending tracking feature it’s useless to me. I can say that Personal Capital used to have something similar…it’s been years since I’ve used it (had worse sync’ing issues than Mint and I had no interest in keeping both), but I may be trying it out again.

3 Likes

I just use Credit Karma to signal whether someone committed fraud against me. Overall I think it sucks.

Whatever happened to Personal Capital?

1 Like

They were bought by somebody and renamed

Fudge.

I stopped using it long ago because account links kept breaking. I got tired of re-linking accounts. I did briefly like it - though categorizing expenses was a real pain.

1 Like