Random Questions

Is anyone still watching Love is Blind? Should I start a new thread for this shitshow of a season?

2 Likes

I didn’t know there’s a new season out. Do it!

I got rid of the paper shredder when the last one died and I realized that what I’d done in the meantime, take a box to Staples, cost .99 a pound.

There’s a Staples literally across the street from my Antique booth, so I do NOT have to travel out of my way to do this.

My secondary goad here is that I used to HATE shredding paper – wtf to do with it afterwards? and it made a HUGE mess – I will stuff papers in a grocery bag and take it to Staples, and gladly pay the .99.

Re the others? I don’t know. Right now, they’re part of what I call the “floating clutter” that is things which don’t get put away because they don’t have homes.

3 Likes

I’ve been doing brown butter Rice Krispie bars about every 6 weeks. Problem is we like them too much!

I tend to do dense things like loaf cakes, so I can freeze 1/2 of them because there’s only 2 of us here a lot of the time and a full cake would last forever! Yesterday I pulled vanilla cake from the freezer and we had it with peaches also from the freezer. The remaining cake is back in the freezer and the peaches will follow when I get them in a container other than a gallon bag!

1 Like

I will attest that this cake is delicious. My family was one of the ones who had a very worn copy of the recipe cut out from the NY Times that got pulled out each year to make this for Rosh Hashanah and it blew my mind when I learned we were not the only ones doing this!

2 Likes

I AM I AM

Would anyone else find value in a career change/exploration thread?

10 Likes

I definitely would.

2 Likes

Would you post a link to the gloves? I’d love to have some!

TIA

Yessss

2 Likes

Yes.

2 Likes

Yes!

1 Like

Is there a special fashion phrase for hoodies that are tshirt weight? Or basically hooded tshirts? Is one of those right? If I search that I get ALL THE SHIRTS, thanks terrible search function. :roll_eyes: Kiddo likes hoodies but with Florida weather I’d like to find things he can wear more of the year.

5 Likes

My MIL had tested positive for COVID last Monday (so 9 days ago) and is wondering when she can see the baby (8 weeks old) again. I have no idea what guidelines are for this and I’m having trouble using the right Google terms. Anyone have a source?

5 Likes

Guessing on severity

6 Likes

We used the CDC recommendations for early childcare centers for our nannyshare. I know this is written for the child but I think it could apply to parents/other caregivers as well.

3 Likes

A quick Goggle yielded “hooded T shirt”.

Here’s what shows up for Macys under the kids department.

https://www.macys.com/shop/featured/hooded-t-shirt/Business_category/Kids%20%26%20Baby

3 Likes

@meerkat No idea on search terms, but I’ve had success finding such at Old Navy.

5 Likes

Life is Good and Champion have those - try jersey hoodie.

I am also seeing lightweight active wear hoodies - silky polyester, maybe UV protection, wick away moisture. Spouse got one at a National Park, I think it’s Under Armor brand.

2 Likes

I would lean towards 10 days plus 5 comfort days plus a mask. But I am now paranoid.

1 Like