Random Questions

My SIL is the sort to buy like, fancy linen and all beige stuff for her baby (no hate, just very different from me) and she says this has like saved her life lol. She hasn’t lost a single item yet and bubs is nearly 4 months. And is a super pooper.

6 Likes

I impressed DH with the suggestion. I must have read it somewhere in my Research All the Things phase of pregnancy (so, uh, the whole pregnancy lol). We even got this cute tub with a drain since our buckets were all in use. Doubles as a foot soak bath!! Doesn’t look half bad sitting on the bathroom counter either.

3 Likes

Dish detergent got it 90% out! Gonna throw it in oxiclean next. And going to confront my dryer to see if I can figure out where the mess is coming from.

3 Likes

This is the first time I have owned a car in this millennium.

What should a spare tire cost? Compact car (Hyundai accent).

We discovered… the hard way… that we do not have one. Never thought to look when we bought the car, I thought that was always a thing but I guess not?

Getting a bit of sticker shock but again, more than 20 years since I had to deal with car maintenance so of course shit costs more.

5 Likes

I don’t know how much it should cost but Mr Meer was looking at getting his tires replaced recently and also had sticker shock despite owning some sort of vehicle for decades.

3 Likes

If it’s an actual tire, probably over $200, because we spent over $800 on tires at Costco last fall.

If it’s a donut, I have no clue.

3 Likes

If it’s just a spare you don’t need a proper tire or anything special. I would ask the used tire places.

5 Likes

I got a new full sized spare this year when I found out my donut was unusable (20 years old :grimacing:) It was about $200 for a basic tire and rim at discount tire

5 Likes

My sisters plane got cancelled and she’s stuck in Portland (OR). What should she do tonight/tomorrow?

2 Likes

What’s she like to do? Dining, shopping, hiking? Does she have a rental car? (It’s damn hot here today and tomorrow).

1 Like

Unique to Portland excellent things include the Japanese gardens, salt and straw ice cream, food cart pods, Powell’s books, and Pittock manor.

2 Likes

And for cheap AC and easy entertainment right next to the airport, there’s Ikea :smile:

1 Like

This has made it all over California actually! But definitely delicious and perfect for a hot day.

2 Likes

In pints or as shops? Because if it’s pints I bet you don’t get the super weird flavors :laughing:

1 Like

She went thrifting already, in general she like hiking and thrift stores and museums, but she’s already been at a conference for 4 days and doesn’t have a car so is pretty wiped

2 Likes

They have storefront locations here in LA with the weird flavors :blush:

But there is another store few blocks closer to my house and they have fun flavors too so I usually stop there lol.

2 Likes

Update to the dryer-marks saga: oxiclean doesn’t seem to do a thing, so we’re gonna keep on with the dish soap and elbow grease removal method, and maybe try some hardcore stain remover after.

4 Likes

They have them up in Seattle too. That being said, they’re still not in most of the country, and it’s good ice cream. Well worth a stop in on a hot day.

2 Likes

Salt and straw is fine…. But what I’d really like to make its way over to my neighborhood is Molly Moon and their waffle cones…

2 Likes

It looks like some sort of grease to me. Dawn dish soak is gonna be your way out.

4 Likes