Random Questions

Lol I don’t have a 2nd mirror either and every time I’m like oh geez well… this is a mistake, here we goooo. And I’ve been doing that for like 12 years so I guess I’ve committed to the mistake.

3 Likes

Go team “use hand on back of head as guard”!!!

1 Like

Lol wait I use guards!

I use scissors and sit outside so I don’t have to clean up. So no mirror. But curly hair hides an abundance of errors. I go with my gut. My gut is uneven and gets bored half way through.

5 Likes

You don’t have “I super don’t want to deal with this today” dread?

I was already kind of fragile today, then she was late and every minute she was late I got less willing to deal with my emotions and then she showed up and was… fine. I guess.

But also maybe I’m an asshole:

2 Likes

OO i might have used wrong word. More like use my hand as a template

Oh hmmmm. If you don’t respect the therapist then it is definitely time to go

3 Likes

I’m waiting for her to pull out “brilliant therapy insight” but so far she’s only pulled out “did you know this very popular theory?”

But again it’s been like 90 minutes total. She doesn’t actually know me and I don’t know her.

2 Likes

Also, I don’t want to discount this: having someone I’m not emotionally entangled with tell me things I already know is useful. It’s just also infuriating

2 Likes

Hahahaha. See how you feel after 3ish sessions? Should be clear by then if it’s a good fit

1 Like

So, my experience is only mine and may not apply to others… but I do kind of think it’s worth sharing.

a maybe helpful (?) ramble

Aside from dropping in to do refreshers of ERP (I have ocd), which is very specialized & not talk therapy, I don’t think I’ll return to regular therapy again.

What I needed/need from therapy was someone to toss ideas back-and-forth, like kind of like someone to knead the bread with… just to toss things around with me.
I didn’t want theory, I didn’t want prescribed technique (even when I thought that was what I wanted), I really needed someone to just talk with me as I worked things out myself essentially.
That led me to a variety of peer support networks, which have ultimately been the correct solution, and a phenomenal fit for me.

Talking about something with someone(s) with a different set of life experiences than mine in a private setting with lower stakes and no ties to the medical industrial complex worked really well for me.
I found myself able to really open up in ways I’ve not been able to do with a therapist.
I respect therapists 100%, but I also don’t think that setting is right for everyone.

4 Likes

I have had one great therapist, one meh therapist. I started with the meh therapist and saw her for like a year. It was still helpful but not great. Part of it was the accountability of narrating my own life to a stranger: when I had to fess up to doing something against my stated values or best interests…it sucked! Which was a good motivation. And it was very valuable for me to go through e.g. things like breathing exercises and grounding techniques while in the midst of big feelings - yeah nothing was intellectually new to me there, but being able to focus solely on feeling things and have someone else worry about prompting me was great.

The great therapist I still see weekly. She does still surprise me with things like redirections, naming patterns, asking me questions that cut through my own bullshit.

Depending on how willing you are to try out a new therapist, I might move on after 3 “meh” sessions. I stuck with my “meh” therapist as long as I did because I absolutely was exhausted by trying to find one in the first place.

9 Likes

If you can’t see it in the first mirror I refuse to believe it matters.

5 Likes

Right!

3 Likes

I ordered something from a small niche business last month. They notified me it was out of stock and that it would be shipping at the end of THIS month and charged my card.

Yesterday I got an announcement in 3 pages of legalese that the business is declaring bankrupcy - some summaries of requests to keep paying their employees, etc. Then today I got another legalese update. Do I need to do anything to get my order and/or money back?

7 Likes

Contact your credit card company to dispute the charge? Provide copies of legalese as needed.

7 Likes

contact your credit card company for a refund and say it wasn’t delivered, and won’t be delivered - with proof of the company declaring bankruptcy. this is the reco for people dealing with a recent situation in the knitting world, so I assume it holds true elsewhere.

8 Likes

Has anybody ever had TMJ issues? Every so often I get pain on the right joint when I’m eating and have to open my mouth a little wide but it doesn’t hurt on the other side. I’m also experience a sensation of fullness in my right ear and I’m having some ear ringing as well.

2 Likes

Does anyone know what this weed is? I am in Denver. It is hard to control by pulling it because there are just so very very many teeny tiny ones, so any tips on controlling it in a vegetable bed are welcome.

image?

1 Like