Random Questions

Oh and thanks!

1 Like

How do you tell when you need to take it easy vs what is just nerve pain? I’m 4 months out from a c section and currently having a lot of burning pain deep to my incision at the corners. I can’t tell if I’m overdoing it working out/baby is getting bigger, or if it’s just nerve pain that’ll hurt kinda irrelevant to my activity levels. The workout routine I’m doing is designed by a women’s health PT to be safe for diastasis recti and for the post partum period, but it’s also not a personalized routine or someone I work with in person.

2 Likes

No clue how to tell, but given the circumstances and the desirability of avoiding as many doctor’s trip as possible, wouldn’t it be safest to back off and see if the pain gets better?

1 Like

No, because stepping back on PT for my diastasis if not necessary has long term major consequences of its own. That’s time sensitive.

Ah, didn’t realize it was PT rather than “just” a regular workout.

1 Like

Ah yeah. It’s not custom to me, but it’s a post partum recovery plan designed by a woman’s health PT to help with pelvic floor and DR recovery. I’m in the “Moderate to severe” category for DR :confused: so I’m trying to balance needs here.

Talking to my mom who was a surgical nurse for a long time and had 3 c sections herself is pretty sure it is nerve pain, and provided some resources that corroborate that. So, le sigh. Just part of the recovery process. Safe to keep working out. Just… the crappy part of having a bunch of your nerves and muscles sliced :unamused:

8 Likes

Can someone recommend a decent but inexpensive headset?

I’ll be having classes online through at least May, including presentations. I’ve been just using my laptop’s speakers and microphone, but my aging computer is very loud and other participants complain about the noise.

3 Likes

Do you want earbuds or a full headset?

If latter, I used to use Plantronics headsets for recording for speech data and they were under 50 and made good clear data (so good for talking!).

2 Likes

Definitely not earbuds. I’ve never had any that were comfortable/stay in my ears. Full headset for me!

Thanks for your recommendation.

2 Likes

There may be other, cheaper options too - but I really did like that headset.

Wish I could help but the headset model my kids use for school is no longer made.

1 Like

Taxes In The Time of Coronavirus.

I usually print stuff at work or at Kinko’s – neither is a great option right now. We don’t have a printer. So, I am looking at my least favorite thing ever, which is e-file.

I hate TurboTax with a fucking passion, and because I have an HSA they’re always “well you can’t use free file, you have to pay us $50!”

What is the best free e-file for a dingdong who wants to do her own damn taxes on paper but can’t because shelter-in-place?

1 Like

Am I going to get 528/month for this child forever?

5 Likes

unnamed

10 Likes

I use Free Tax USA, haven’t had any problems. But all I have is earned income, an HSA, and a Roth IRA so idk how it will work with more complex assets.

3 Likes

Yeah…but I can’t figure out if I get this much per month for him forever…or if its higher because I had him late in the July-June tax benefit cycle. And then I go down starting in July? But also we all go up in June because of covid?

Overall, yes, we get paid to maintain our babies

8 Likes

If you know how to do them on paper, use Free Fillable Forms directly through the IRS. Every form is there and free.

6 Likes

There is a calculator on the cra website that is extremely accurate. You can figure out your child tax there. I would link to it but im on my phone.

2 Likes

If this works… then my life becomes so simple.

2 Likes

This might work. If I can do this and then use Cal File for online state taxes (uuuugh I have some Conniptions about how not on it the state tax board is), then maybe I can do this without like… begging someone on Buy Nothing to print my taxes for me. o_______o

1 Like