Random Questions

Caboodles are back! But also my jewelry box has a button style clip, like a cat definitely couldn’t open it. And I keep necklaces in it, but also I don’t have a lot of jewelry. I keep it on my nightstand but I think even if my cat knocked it over (which he never has) everything inside would stay pretty organized.

4 Likes

I like that!

And, I don’t have a ton. But enough that my current method (dig around in small bin, give up and dump whole thing out, painstakingly untangle what I need) is not working.

2 Likes

I saw a thing that suggests threading necklaces through a straw to keep them from tangling. Might be worth a try!

My jewelry storage is hooks on walls for things that dangle and then a couple of jewelry boxes for earrings/rings/ bracelets.

I’m pretty sure your cat would adore the new toys if they ever visited.

3 Likes

It doesn’t latch, but I had good luck with
where the cats could paw at the handles but never managed to pull them open, and then necklaces lie across the top so they don’t get crimped or tangled.

Not sure about the knocking off part…it’s heavy enough that batting at it wouldn’t do it, but a concerted effort probably could…maybe putty or something like that to help hold whatever you get in place without damaging the surface?
(And technically I still have good luck, but cat also no longer has any interest in jumping on things that don’t involve food or a cushion to nap on so it has nothing to do with the box itself)

4 Likes

Oh that’s cool with the necklace area!

2 Likes

CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY ADJACENT PEOPLE -

We are using an image in an ad of hard hats placed on shovels that are stuck in the ground. A Twitter person says that this image is used to represent people who have died. Is that the case? Googling is not bringing up a lot.

3 Likes

Not identical but I did find these memorials for construction workers, which are kind of similar to what you’re talking about.

Summary

th-2931531628

th-3595287534

3 Likes

Got it!! I see where they are coming from, but seems different enough. A shovel vs, y’know, a cross. TY! Clearly my googling skills r subpar lmao

2 Likes

Yeah def not totally the same but kind of similar idea! I just google imaged “construction worker memorial” haha.

1 Like

I would avoid it if possible. When you said hard hats on shovels in dirt, my mind immediately went to dead worker.

7 Likes

I imagine it’s a take on the fallen soldier memorials. The so called “battlefield cross”. I would think any helmet + tool of trade in that arrangement would be visually evocative. Esp with the number of veterans in construction.

6 Likes

Yes, this. A helmet on a tool in the ground is very ‘memorial’ in the veteran world.

5 Likes

So I just checked out a book that did this! Here’s what I did—pretty counterintuitive but it worked.

Screenshots

No “send to kindle”? Just “open book”? Ugh! But I clicked it and…

It took me to the Amazon page to send it to my Kindle. I know I have as my default that I want to read books on my Kindle (somewhere in settings).

6 Likes

Is anyone else here into making their own perfume? I’ve just started dabbling.

3 Likes

Seriously what can’t you do!! So cool!! I am interested but do not have time so I’ll continue layering my many samples to create cool smells that I can never replicate instead :grinning:

4 Likes

Haha, you’re too kind, I’m definitely a “hobbies” type of person! I started out making skincare stuff (like as a teen) and then moved into hair oils and room scents, then recently I started to make my own detergent and dishwasher soap, and so then I was like…why am I buying perfume? LOL. I looked up reviews of my signature perfume to see what was in it and I’m trying to make something similar!

8 Likes

I haven’t bought jeans with a zipper since before the pandemic and I’m looking for suggestions for where to start! I feel like jeans have changed in the last few years? I feel at sea.

I’m 4’11" so my inseam is literally like 26 inches, so they have to be either really short or easily hem-able. My general style is fairly matronly, I don’t wear distressed denim, and I’m a size 12. Anyone have thoughts?

8 Likes

I’m a big fan of Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda jeans, but I know nothing about style. I like them because of comfort and pockets. You can get them in various leg styles - narrow, bootcut, etc. There’s a short version, but the inseam is going to be longer than what you need even on those, I think.

2 Likes

We are very similar sizes. I have been exclusively wearing the jeans that came in my last Short Story box…remind me to check what brand they are when I get home!

ETA I think one of them is JAG.

3 Likes

Please do let me know! Did you like your Short Story boxes? I’ve only tried Stitch Fix.

3 Likes