Random Questions

Are you doing it online or through the phone app?

1 Like

Phone app!

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve noticed the same thing. Most books I can just click “read with Kindle,” but sometimes there’s an extra screen or I have to go back or something.

1 Like

Yes exactly! I didn’t know how to describe it- it’s straight forward but it’s not obvious it’ll work?

1 Like

Second twist, I’m back and my normal phone number isn’t working

1 Like

Here in libraryland, I have not heard of any change in Overdrive’s services and it seems like something that I would have heard of! I’m not experienced with “read with Kindle” because my Kindle is so old, I have to transfer the books using a USB cable. (Bonus: then they are mine to keep. Forever. If you never connect to wi-fi, they never come due. And for what the publishers charge for ebooks, I don’t feel bad at all.)

Do you use the overdrive website or Libby? Looking at the website, I see most of the books still available for Kindle.

6 Likes

I was using libby but I will take a look on the overdrive website too!

2 Likes

I think you just got unlucky with which version is available. My library often has both kindle and ePub (which is the overdrive/Libby format) available but sometimes only has one.

4 Likes

I recently had this happen with Pride and Prejudice! The first version I got from Libby wasn’t available for kindle so I returned it. Thankfully there were like 4 different versions available, but I discovered that only 1 of the 4 was available on kindle.

3 Likes

In The Last of Us the TV show

Summary

Are there kids in peril? Especially little kids?

If so, what are the situations? Go ahead and spoil it for me.

I really want to watch this show but I like to know this stuff in advance so I can be prepared and fast forward if I need to.

Edit: I found the website “does the dog die” and it’s answering some of this but comments with spoiler tags are still welcome.

3 Likes
Summary of peril I can remember

At first I thought there wasn’t much but then I started thinking more and remembered instances. so deleted my last post. Two instances I remember in early episodes:

-Younger kid is infected so they have to kill him and dispose of the body. He shows up to a safe zone but can’t be let in because he is infected.

-Flashback to evacuating a town, healthy people, women with babies, they imply that they kill the entire group from the town, show skeletons and baby blankets in a mass grave

I can’t think of other instances with little kids. As far as HBO goes i found it less gratuitous than HBO shows can be

2 Likes

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for.

2 Likes

Sure!

one more I remembered

I would also just read the spoilers /episode summary for episode 5, Sam is a younger kid FYI

2 Likes

Share with me your catproof solutions for storing earrings, necklaces, and hair accessories, that do not involve drilling anything into a wall or sticking anything to it (like a command hook)?

The situation is becoming DIRE. :rofl:

1 Like

I just saw a new way of storing jewelry that appeals to me: specially-made jewelry binders. Some of them even zip completely closed.

3 Likes

I’ve never heard of this! Off to google!

Ideally it would be a solution that lets me see everything out in the open, but I don’t see how I can do that when I can’t put a hook in the wall or anything. This solution sounds interesting though.

1 Like

Yeah. My current jewelry storage is kind of shaped like a dress and has a built-in hanger (it looks like a clothes hanger). It hangs from a clothes rod or hook in my closet. But all the necklaces dangle and what kitty could resist that?

1 Like

Oh yeah, I should add, no closet space either.

1 Like

Jewelry box!

1 Like

I don’t have a catproof surface to keep it on though. Maybe if it latched shut and was heavy enough to not easily get shoved off.

Doesn’t solve the problem of necklace chains tangling though. Unless it had lots of compartments.

Maybe what I am looking for is a Caboodle. Showing my age!

5 Likes