Random Questions

My thoughts are that unlike many kitchen appliances basically all, even really cheap, microwaves are fine. I don’t think it’s at all worth it to spend a lot.

7 Likes

Anecdote: I had a vitamin d prescription too but mine was super time limited. Doc said I was badly deficient so she wanted me on a lot every day for a limited period of time (a few weeks, I think). After that she said I could start taking OTC vitamin d (which I still do) and told me the right mg to get. I asked about getting it prescribed versus buying it and she said the only real reason to have a prescription was if you needed a super high dosage or needed vitamins administered via shot or something else very specific.

4 Likes

Mine said I could take OTC D at the same time, but it sounded like an option, not necessarily important. Or rather someone at the office said that, I haven’t talked directly to the doctor (who is new to me) other than at the appointment where she prescribed the blood work that showed I was deficient in D. The first I heard I was getting a prescription was a text from the pharmacy saying it was ready! I’m so confused.

3 Likes

That’s super weird. I would be confused too.

2 Likes

Do you need a large microwave with special functions?

All we do is heat up leftovers and melt butter, so the last time we needed a microwave I went to target and bought the smallest one I could find.

I have never used any function on a microwave except however many minutes/seconds I want it to heat.

1 Like

I want a large one that can hold the big containers we use for leftovers. We eat leftovers at least once per day if not 2-3 times. We also need buttons instead of a dial, so we can put the tactile dots on the buttons for Ry. This one looks big enough and it has a silent mode that doesn’t ding when it’s done. That will be wonderful to help with anxiety around waking up the girls. I often finish my lunch/dinner once they are asleep and just eat it cold.

This one connects to your phone which seems stupid and pointless to me? But it’s cheaper than the save version without the Bluetooth connectivity?

2 Likes

Take your container to Target and buy which ever one has buttons and fits your container!

Microwaves try to convince you that you will cook turkey dinners or something, but really, you’re just going to heat up soup and make popcorn.

5 Likes

Why is cough medicine so sparse on the shelves? All the articles I can find about it are from a year ago citing supply chain issues, you’d think they would have solved that by the next cold/flu season so they can make more money.

2 Likes

Could be supply chain + everyone is sick? I know our household has been sick a lot.

1 Like

Yeah I think demand side has been pretty intense.

1 Like

What color bedding should I get for this room? Furniture is cherry, walls are Benjamin Moore Slate Blue. I’d say my design vibe is simple, clean, soothing. Obviously this purple is a holdover from my past life as a renter who didn’t give a shit about coordinating anything, but it’s getting worn out and I want to be more like a person who has style. The design blogs all seem to do white bedding but I know I will not be able to keep it looking white long term.

4 Likes

I saw Twitter speculation that the Covid boom in China was going to lead to OTC cold medicine shortages, both because that’s where they’re manufactured and because 1.4 billion people suddenly needed tons.

But I also know that they were really low in November during the RSV wave? And then there’s the flu wave? Plus still covid? So it might all be domestic factors too.

3 Likes

If you don’t want white/cream then I’d probably go navy for a dark color.

3 Likes

Ideas!

• Dusty rose

• Large print in pastel colors (big floral print, big art deco print, etc.)

(this color wouldn’t work, but just brainstorming concepts)

eta: I should add despite my love for choosing things, my actual duvet is from fucking college and a magazine of dorm room bedding.
I am very very due for an upgrade myself…

9 Likes

I think a darker royal blue would be nice! Grey would be pretty too, depending on the shade.

3 Likes

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced carpet cleaner for low pile (area rug) carpets? My living room rug is filthy because of the animals (and not my propensity to spill things, not at all! hahahahaha) and I used to have a little spot steam cleaner but I gave it away a few years ago. But I think I would like something that I can use to clean the whole thing at once…

TYIA!

2 Likes

I’d just get whatever microwave has reasonable reviews and fits your needs!

2 Likes

Pattern with grey(s) and blues on a white background?

1 Like

If you like the look of white bedding but not the maintenance, take a look at small prints (checks, abstract, or floral) on a white background, or very light gray.

1 Like

I’d definitely go for a print or pattern over a solid.

1 Like