Random Questions

I think something with a white base as the main color would look great with enough of a print to hide inevitable stains, and definitely printed on both sides.

Maybe something like this?

I too go for a calm aesthetic but I definitely have too many solid prints that show off just how stain-friendly my general life is. :man_shrugging:t3: I’m one or two stains away from tie dying my beloved gifted linen duvet (light grey).

9 Likes

Thanks for all the inspiration everyone!

1 Like

Am I the only one watching The Ultimatum France???

Can anyone else sometimes hear outlets? It’s amazing because I have trouble hearing certain verbal tones, but if it’s quiet enough I can hear a dang outlet.

7 Likes

I could swear this happened to me for a little while last year. Not outlets specifically, but plug-in electronics drawing zombie power.

6 Likes

Yes!!!

1 Like

Yeah, supposedly people lose that hearing frequency as they age, but I’ve still got it I’m my mid-30s.

3 Likes

I was but then it turned out to be only one specific iPhone charger and so I threw it out

4 Likes

Huh. I can hear the pitch of most of them if I’m somewhat near, especially if they’re in use and/or in a small room. I can also always tell if my three-doors-down neighbor is welding in his garage, etc. stuff like that.
But if my friend is talking to me in the same room I’m like “can you repeat that?”

Bodies are silly.

7 Likes

Did anyone answer this? @Economista just bought one that she seems pretty stoked about :grinning:

2 Likes

Not yet! I reposted in another thread too thinking maybe this was the wrong place. :woman_shrugging:

I have this little green machine from Bissell and it is really nice to carry around and spot clean. We’ve been using it a ton on carpet and upholstery while the girls are potty training. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016HF5GK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

I also bought this big fullsize one, but I haven’t put it together yet to use it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088J68TRL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

2 Likes

I got the little green machine for Christmas but am strangely intimidated by it and haven’t used it yet. Any tricks or insights?

2 Likes

Nope. It is super easy. I don’t think it is possible to mess it up!

1 Like

thanks!! I didn’t know carpet cleaners were so “cheap”… I might just try for the big one, even though you don’t have any used experience for it. I just really don’t want to spot clean an entire carpet. :joy:

2 Likes

I have a Bissell convertible, where it’s a full height carpet cleaner, but the canister removes and it becomes a spot cleaner.

It is also about 11 years old and I don’t know if it’s sold any longer.

2 Likes

I had a full sized Bissel when we had carpet and it worked very well. I took it to school a few times, even. The pretreatment stuff for spots is good.

But after the dog was gone and not tracking in mud, I had the carpets professionally cleaned and it was dramatically better.

1 Like

I use a detergent like dish or laundry sosp instead of the gross smelling bissel stuff

1 Like

Has anyone used (and liked) a fully electric barbeque? Not the fancy “electric” smokers that burn wood chips, but a electric only bbq grate.

Are there any that would successfully replicate propane bbqs? Or get at least 90% of the way there?

1 Like

@Star I hadn’t even considered this a possibility - I wonder if I can find one that is not too $

@Cranky I only have area rugs, and not that expensive ones, it definitely doesn’t make sense to have them professionally cleaned! I do need them cleaner in the near term though. It sounds like Bissel is the brand everyone uses.

@ElleP Good to know, it doesn’t leave residue using regular soap?

2 Likes