Random Questions

Can you use a piece of graph paper to map out what you want to do, and then transfer it over or something to the canvas? I’ve never done cross stitch but I love embroidery

2 Likes

I have very little aesthetic sense, though… I would love if there was some kind of software? If not maybe I will try playing around with a Google doc and then transfer to graph paper.

1 Like

I printed a computer image onto graph paper once and then made a few manual adjustments. It worked pretty well!

4 Likes

Can I bake cake layers in the evening and ice the next morning, or would they get stale?

4 Likes

Is there a way to block a friend from seeing uour posts in a Facebook group but not on the rest of Facebook? (I don’t want my mom seeing my buy nothing activity anymore)

5 Likes

If you have a photo or image of what you want the design to be then there are a lot of free websites that will convert that into a pattern. I can’t find the one I’ve used before but it worked great!

1 Like

Absolutely. Just wrap them up in Saran wrap after they have cooled.

3 Likes

Google suggests only works if the group is “closed or secret”, my BNP group is “Private”. I will keep reviewing.

1 Like

I’ve done this! Did not notice any staleness, and it was definitely preferable to a melty mess of trying to get icing on before fully cooled :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My cakes always last a few days (well, when not eaten straight away)

1 Like

Yes! They will cool properly

What Pokemon is this? It’s a sticker.

Also is there a good way to display the stickers Kiddo earns without taking the sticky backing off?

4 Likes

Double sided tape on the outside of the sticky back? That’s how I reuse christmas bows lol.

And husband says that Porygon

1 Like

Yup that’s a Porygon.

3 Likes

There definitely is software but I don’t think it’s free. If you want I can ask—pretty sure someone in my craft group has mentioned it.

2 Likes

Has anyone ever made a successful, cost effective at home Luna bar type recipe? They’re absolutely essential to my diet but $1.50 each and I’d prefer them not as sweet anyway

4 Likes

Asking for a friend - does anyone have recommendations for a career/life coach (or places to start looking) who could help someone think through how to navigate professional life while caring for a family member with long-term illness? @Pbkmaine maybe?

2 Likes

I have a friend who does life coaching and has experience helping care for family members with illness - may not be a perfect fit but he’s often willing to do a trial session. PM me if you’d like and I can ask and put you in touch. No pressure.

3 Likes

Sorry, misread your question and thought the person with an illness was looking for work. I had recommended finding a vocational evaluator but I don’t think that applies here.

2 Likes

I do not have any career coaches to recommend, but I would stipulate “flexible” and “remote” when talking with recruiters.

1 Like