Random Questions

My dad was just telling me that his Merrills are 10 years old. They look no more than a year or two old!

1 Like

The Xero prio is my daily wear shoe :clap:t2: (well, one of two pairs of tennis I swap between)

2 Likes

Oh and if he wants to try a cheap wide toe box minimalist shoe, Whitin on Amazon is a cheap intro to try.
My husband has these ones and likes them:
WHITIN Men’s Minimalist Trail Runner | Wide Toe Box | Barefoot Inspired https://a.co/d/enhgZaK
But they also have less athletic styled ones.

2 Likes

Merrills tend to run narrow, but the barefoot styles are more roomy.

4 Likes

I second this. I have some barefoot Merrell trainers, and the toe box is nice and big. I really like them.

1 Like

Yeah the trail and vapor gloves were favorites of mine for a couple years and now my toes are too wide haha. They’re definitely not the widest!!

1 Like

Sunshine by Robin McKinley?

Front row of the balcony section is my personal go-to, usually cheaper than the orchestra section but often a better view.

2 Likes

Have you seen 64 year old Madonna lately? :woman_facepalming:

5 Likes

I am apparently 80 years old.

3 Likes

Looks like she’s trying out for a role as Morticia or Wednesday……

2 Likes

My kindle unlimited subscription is ending in a few weeks. I assume the books I have will be removed from my device when that happens? So I should read the best ones first?

2 Likes

Yes :slight_smile: . Although you used to be able to just put it in airplane mode/no internet connection after a subscription ended and keep the books you’d already downloaded until you were finished reading (no idea if that still works, but it used to)

9 Likes

I can confirm that this still works with library books, so likely with the kindle unlimited books too. Mine was returned to the library 2 days ago but I put the kindle in airplane mode and I’m still reading it. However, I realized that by not connecting to the internet I lost my reading streak :frowning: I know that it doesn’t matter, and that I know that I’ve still been reading each day, but it hurts my heart a bit to see my 2,000+ day reading streak on the kindle reset to 0.

8 Likes

It still works with Libby! It’s my prime tactic haha.

6 Likes

I didn’t know there was a reading streak on the kindle. I have never seen it!

6 Likes

My kindle died long ago, so I use the kindle app on my iPad. I better get reading!

3 Likes

I’m not sure where it is on the actual kindle. On the kindle app it is on the Home Screen. If you click the link there are more stats about your reading too. I got grumpy with myself because for the past 5-ish years even if I was reading a physical book I would make sure to at least open a kindle book each day to keep the streak. Then I put it on airplane mode for the first time and ruined it.

4 Likes

If it helps, think of it as sticking it to big publishers lol. If you use airplane mode and return books with wait lists more quickly, you save your local library money.

8 Likes

Oof! as someone who gets obsessed with streaks (looking at you, 1800+ day streak on Duolingo) I’m kinda glad I didn’t know about this? I mostly use the kindle while traveling so it’s almost always in airplane mode though.

5 Likes