Random Questions

Argh, so far none of those come in white crew :slightly_frowning_face:. Any other brands to check?

I find white crew socks on Smartwool site, and Gold toe.

Quick google gets me:
Orthofeet
Bombas
Crushers thick ankle socks
BambooMN

Looks like “thermal” might be another good search term.

2 Likes

I was filtering for “max cushion” which might be overkill - thanks! I’ll check out the other brands, too. I didn’t realize 8.5 is the cutoff between sizes- I worry they will be too big or too small. Like most of my own socks!

1 Like

Finally replaced my 10 year old dollar tree bath towels.

I cut up what I needed for rags but still have several functional, but discolored, towels. Goodwill does textile recycling, is this my best option?

8 Likes

Pet rescue? They are generally eager for towels and newspapers.

11 Likes

I’m trying to buy tickets to a show for my mom for Christmas. I NEVER go to the theater, and I have no idea where we should sit. I’d prefer cheapER tickets, so not directly front and center, but everything else is open. Where should I get seats?

4 Likes

@Meowmalade ?

2 Likes

I’ve also seen animal shelters request towels!

Looking for recommendations for less well known but awesome romancey vampire novels as a gift for my boss. She loves Twilight and I know she’s read the True Blood ones and I think Cassandra Clare. So basically older-leaning YA is fine, racy is also fine (she also read and enjoyed the Sarah J Maas sexy fairy books) but I think she’d be leery of like a straight up bodice ripper cover. From what I’ve heard her discuss she really does tend to stick to the best sellers so I feel pretty confident about anything outside a super obvious choice. I don’t go for vampire stuff so only really know the heavy hitters.

3 Likes

How about lesbian vampire novel? Classic in the genre, but under appreciated:

3 Likes

Lynsey Sands has a series about the Argeneau family, and J R Ward has the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. I liked the earlier ones more than the later ones in both, but that is normal for me with most series.

1 Like

This looks an awful lot like a theater I’m at fairly frequently :slight_smile: . Not sure which show you’re looking at, but generally I aim for something in the sections I colored red if I want a good look at the scenery/background/props and how they work (ex. Lion King, although in that case the actors came up the aisles some anyway) and purple the rest of the time…assuming it’s the same theater I think they’re called center and rear orchestra on the website. Blue is the front orchestra and I’ve gotten seats there once or twice, but generally they’re $$$$ (and frequently claimed by season ticket holders anyway, although it kind of depends on the show). The sections off the two center aisles to the left and right are usually good seats if you’re avoiding front-and-center, although the jagged lines are short walls, not aisles, so if you’re looking for an aisle seat it’s worth keeping in mind.

If you do end up center orchestra, the short horizontal aisles just above front orchestra are where they have interpreters/live captions if you’re at one of those shows, just fyi if that might be a distraction (although those aisles also lead directly to bathrooms at intermission which is nice).

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a show from the mezzanine and I know I never have from the boxes, but I’ve done the balcony, and it’s a lot of climbing (there are elevators, but I can’t say how long the wait typically is since I don’t use them). You can for sure see the show, and the sound is great, but it’s more of a birds-eye view.

4 Likes

It’s Fiddler on the Roof in Denver, I think at the Buell theater.

I don’t imagine they have a lot of complicated sets, so that’s very helpful, thanks :blush:

1 Like

Hard to tell if you’ve never been to that theater, but I like the side section seats close to the aisle where the seats start to slant back to the middle. If you’re sitting next to the aisle and the angle is good, you’re at less risk of someone tall blocking your view. At the huge auditorium in Portland it’s around row P or Q, but you can look at the seat map to see where it changes direction.

If in the Orchestra, I wouldn’t sit so far back that it’s under the balcony. First balcony center could also be a good option though those tend to be expensive seats.

Also just try Googling the question with the theater name and you might get some answers!

2 Likes

@anomalily pet rescue, shelter, or animal hospital will use them!

Does anyone know a brand of men’s sneakers that last longer? The Boy is tired of having to replace his so frequently. I mean, he’s been wearing sketchers so anything will be better!

What part wears out?

1 Like

The sides of the toe box.

1 Like

Ah! He probably needs a wider toe box then. Keens if he likes standard shoes. Altra if he wants runners. batefoot brands if he likes the ground feel. All will have good toe boxes.

2 Likes

I was going to recommend xero brand. Made in Denver. They have a very wide toe box and Ry loves them. He has 3 pairs and they are all he wears now unless he’s wearing a sport-specific shoe like lifting shoes.

2 Likes