Random Questions

Is the liquid clear? Blisters with clear / transparent liquid (plasma) are not infected. Infected wounds have cloudy pus.

Does it smell funky?

Any pain or other swelling?

Does it feel hot?

I burned parts of 3 fingers on my left hand with steam - worst one blistered immediately. I also did clean, bandage, neosporin and avoided infection. I also gloved that hand when washing dishes etc. to keep from getting the bandages wet.

4 Likes

Liquid is clear and it doesn’t smell! It’s not swollen at all it just hurts a little when I articulate my wrists. It also doesn’t feel hot! I can keep it dry with gloves for sure- sounds like it might just be healing?

3 Likes

GDogg is spot on here.

4 Likes

I think so - I think this is essentially an open blister, which will seep. But definitely keep an eye on it.

Burn twins!

3 Likes

Haha yayyy sisterhood! :laughing: Thanks you two! I feel better now. I was just a bit side eyeing it since it looks different than other burns I’ve had but I think it was quite a bit hotter/deeper so it makes sense it would blister more. :slight_smile: I love omd, lol. It’s like my internet mom.

6 Likes

Too many years of experience hurting myself. Every once in awhile I accidentally stab a fingertip with a sharp knife. Those occasionally get infected.

6 Likes

I stabbed myself in the palm last week. WTF??? I never do that. Slice fingers? Yep. But this was bizarre.

It sounds like a second degree burn. I also agree, keep doing what you’re doing, as long as it keeps healing. Signs like swelling, becomes more tender to the touch, streaks of red going away from it or more redness in the area would be signs to get professional care.

6 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anyone know a demilune or small rectangular hearth rug that’s attractive? Lots of solids, boring colors, meh. Lots of patterns that I just don’t like.

I’m looking for geometric maybe? Dunno. I spent an hour looking and am not that impressed… I have one I like, but it’s Christmas themed…

LL Bean? It’s not cheap tho.

1 Like

favourite food to bring on air planes for long flights when there is a history of motion sickness?

4 Likes

Salted roasted almonds.
Dried fruit
Dark chocolate

2 Likes

Salty pistachios

2 Likes

Pringles potato chips

3 Likes

YES omg. For me it’s the classic lays. The salt level and crunch is a perfect nausea killer.

2 Likes

I get super motion sick on planes…I always bring plain potato chips and pretzels. I find if I consistently munch for the majority of the flight, I feel less sick…I’ll just eat a pretzel/chip every 1-2 min literally the whole flight and it helps a ton. I always get a ginger ale if they pass around drinks, too and extra ice which helps as well

6 Likes

How do I be a Karen without a being a dick?

Situation:
My embryos are being held hostage. (It feels like it anyway). Old fertility clinic isn’t returning calls or emails, we have everything cleared for receiving clinic and transport company and I just need to find out what release paperwork or whatever Old Clinic needs us to do.

They’re a couple hours away, so “show up” isn’t an easy option. Although “friend holding me on FaceTime” could be viable.
Scorched earth social media campaign? They’re not a big clinic though so I’m not sure they’ll care.
Have a lawyer friend send some sort of threatening legalese on letter head?

What do I do? One of these, other ideas…? I just want my damn embryos. I want a shot at another kid. It’s been MONTHS.

10 Likes

I would do a lawyer letter. No fucking around.

14 Likes

Set a timer to call every hour until someone picks up and let them know that if you don’t get this resolved within the next 48 hours you’ll be moving on to legal recourse?

5 Likes