Random Questions

Weird idea: what if you started a new Gmail account and just emailed yourself, and added labels to catalogue stuff?

3 Likes

Could be a job for the app DayOne! Idk if there’s a desktop version though, in case that’s your preference.

2 Likes

@Meowmalade That’s exactly what my husband suggested!!! It sounded complicated to me but having another person suggest it is giving me second thoughts. Though I feel like…maybe if I were doing that I should just start a folder in google docs and make a new doc for each restaurant? If I standardized the size of the images it wouldn’t look that bad I guess.

I’ll check that out @noodle!

4 Likes

That does sound like a better system than emailing yourself! Plus you could edit the docs. I think you might be able to put multiple labels on a Google doc?

2 Likes

How would you title the docs? Restaurant name only?

2 Likes

Yep!

2 Likes

And then the tabs are dates? (This type of organizational thinking is difficult for me, lol)

1 Like

Ok, I can’t remember how it all works, but there is Google Docs (documents only) and Google Drive is how you organize them. I’m not sure how you would date stuff, I think the date assigned is the last date you edited the file, if that’s ok with you. I was thinking you could assign labels like “Greek” or whatever.

Maybe a blog would be easier. Blogspot/Blogger is a super easy one to use, it’s owned by Google so if you have a Google account you can just set it up! It wouldn’t be private though…

2 Likes

Airtable maybe? There lots of ways to configure it and images are reasonably well supported. Here’s an example for restaurants.

5 Likes

How about a private tumblr account? Weirdly dated I know but it works for me. :laughing:

5 Likes

I have used powerpoint for that aesthetic in the past. But I don’t know about organizing

1 Like

WOW! This is so so so awesome. Thank you! I’m going to sign up for a free account- the template is perfect.

Thanks to others for the suggestions!

UPDATE: This software is dope. Really easy to customize, rate, add notes, and pics. A+

10 Likes

I should give up any premise of being a decent cook. Somehow I completely managed to misread the recipe and thought that it needed to be put into cheesecloth and then rested, instead of resting and then cheesecloth. Regardless, we have curds inside cheesecloth, and I’ll give it some time in the sieve.

Also, I didn’t have enough lemon juice, so I used a combination of lemon and lime. But that is just how things happen, I don’t feel badly about that.

ETA: I guess this means I need to keep an eye out for the next time the goat milk is on sale so I can try it properly

10 Likes

I suspect you are a far-more-than-decent cook.

5 Likes

Did anyone else diagram sentences in elementary school / middle school?

I did a LOT of it when I was homeschooled, but I just tried and failed to explain it to a friend of mine, and we decided it was mostly useless beyond making me feel superior to my classmates in public school who were learning basic parts of speech in 8th grade.

7 Likes

Wow, I completely missed that in school. That sentence picture reminds me of a subway map.

For anyone that did it, does that skill carry over or help in any way when learning a foreign language? Spanish grammar trips me up sometimes when I’m doing my Duo practice.

6 Likes

My second sentence in that post is a huge run-on paragraph, so I’m going to say it’s not necessarily helpful even in your native language, lol.

5 Likes

I did that! I’m 100% sure I couldn’t do it now, lol.

1 Like

I don’t think so. I became an expert on diagramming sentences in the mid aughts, when I was a middle school teacher. I have not noticed that it has given me any superpowers.

5 Likes

I never did, but I remember reading about it in novels and hoping we got to do it in school. (Yes, I was that much of a nerd :joy:)

3 Likes