Random Questions

I don’t think it’s likely- a class action is usually so many people it’s close to anonymous.

ETA Unless you meant future appointment opportunities with that employer. In that case, yes.

7 Likes

Anecdata, but I’ve gotten money from a class action lawsuit against my current employer (along with just about everyone I work with) and it hasn’t made any difference to anyone.

8 Likes

Thank you guys! I just wanted to be sure I wasnt shooting myself in the foot for what might only be a few bucks. It was a pretty bummer situation, but at least experian already leaked a ton of my info so this just added a few new pieces of info :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

But some named party, or small group of named parties typically start the suit. Joining a class action suit is pretty low key, filing the original suit is less so.

5 Likes

So I got a question for y’all. PawPaw ate dinner with us tonight and he put sugar on his rice. I have never in my 33 years on this earth seen someone put sugar on their rice. Dad said it was ‘an old people thing’. Any of y’all know anyone who puts sugar on their rice? I don’t know why I find it so weird, but sugar isn’t really something you think about when you think of rice.

8 Likes

Yes! Sushi rice usually contains sugar- you add it during the cooking process along with a couple other things. “Spanish rice” also usually contains sugar in the form of canned tomatoes, ketchup, or just added sugar. Persian rice is sweetened too, via dried fruits and sometimes also rose water. There’s also a dish called Butter Rice, or Sweet Rice, which is an old Southern thing and it’s literally just rice with butter and sugar. I’ve not seen anyone put sugar directly on rice at the table, but in terms of flavor profile/recipe-wise it’s pretty common!

11 Likes

I eat rice with brown sugar and butter sometimes. My dad is the one who started it, he’s 74 and from upper Lower Peninsula Michigan :slight_smile:

Delicious.

6 Likes

Yeah, I have never seen it happen on the same plate as other food, but sweet rice is a thing internationally as rice pudding etc. and definitely in North America as butter and sugar or milk and sugar - like butter and sugar or cinnamon sugar on toast (or condensed milk sandwiches or butter and sugar on roti).

Cheap fast sweets

7 Likes

I love rice pudding.

That is all.

4 Likes

Some of the old folks in my family used to eat their rice with sugar (and sometimes butter if there was any).

6 Likes

The gift basket of various ramen flavours and types I ordered turned out to just be a bunch of packets in a bag. So now I have to find a basket and somehow make this look cool enough to serve as a birthday gift.

12 Likes

I would accept a grocery bag full of assorted ramen with great pleasure. Who is this fancy friend that needs them decoratively arranged?

5 Likes

When I was a kid the standard was rice, sugar and cinnamon.

3 Likes

I think I have BV. Trying acidophilus capsules and boric acid suppositories for now; if it doesn’t work I’ll go to the doctor. Any suggestions??

gross details

Recently my periods have smelled bad but I guess I didn’t think anything of it, but I got my period last week and now I’m having this watery discharge and it smells horrible, like fish! No other symptoms but I am so grossed out by the fact that I am emitting foul smelling liquids that I can’t control. Maybe I’ve been getting BV during my periods recently and I just didn’t know it.

1 Like

Sorry, this sounds awful.

1 Like

Some things that can cause BV:

• New soap
  • Staying in sweaty clothes too long post-workout (guilty)
  • Synthetic undies

Hope it clears up soon. It sucks!!

3 Likes

Sorry, it’s such a bummer! I would add:

sex TMI sorry

Sprint to the bathroom to pee right after any kind of sex. A “fun” fact is that lesbians get BV way more often than the non-lesbian community, so do with this information what you will.

10 Likes

@noodle I did start working out more intensely again recently! Maybe related. But I thought that caused yeast infections, not BV? (Thankfully I didn’t get a yeast infection because this is gross but not painful or uncomfortable.)

@Bernadette interesting! I do that anyway to avoid UTIs but maybe not a sprint :joy:

4 Likes

I think it can cause UTIs and yeast stuff as well!

1 Like

Why does it feel more reasonable to buy lotto tickets when there’s SO MUCH money on the table?

In related news I spent $18.50 on Mega Millions tickets because $1.3 billion is hard to not want.

12 Likes