Random Questions

I think the NYTimes does all this! You can play with the amount down (and put it up to 100%). If you use it on a desktop you can see clearly that they account for closing costs. There are places to add “other costs” even if there is no specific HOA section (but there might be)

3 Likes

I know there’s also a buy now or buy later calculator kicking around it’s pretty robust, I don’t think it’s this one but I don’t have time to search for right now. Mortgage doctor or something was the name? But maybe this can give you an idea of some of the features they have.

1 Like

Lol that one won’t let me put in a home price above $650k :joy::sob::joy:

4 Likes

Loooooool

2 Likes

This seems to be exactly what I’m looking for, thank you.

1 Like

Is anyone free in the next 15ish minutes to preview an email for me? You can pm me your real or spam account and I’d appreciate knowing if there is anything glaring to fix.

2 Likes

Recommendations for audio books that a six-almost-seven year old can listen to at bedtime?

Currently Kiddo is working his way through Ribsy by Beverly Cleary, one chapter a night is helping give his mind something to focus on other than bad guys/monsters/worries. He seems to be enjoying it and listens to one chapter per night.

8 Likes

The hobbit

5 Likes

This is the age a friends dad read us the hobbit for our sleep overs.

5 Likes

I don’t know, I know it was a kids story but there are a lot of monsters. Like, the trolls try to eat the dwarves at one point? It’s been a long time though.

5 Likes

The worst witch was our road trip listen.
For quick fixes between books, YouTube has storyteller audiobooks of Disney classics like Winnie the Pooh and the lion king. Usually about 45 minutes

4 Likes

I listened to the adventures of Winnie the Pooh and I think Peter Pan at that age to fall asleep. Peter Pan may need to be retired, although it was definitely the less horrifyingly racist more modern rewrite.

I also loved Sir Gadabout but that was a car listen, not a sleep listen so it might be too exciting

6 Likes

The Cricket in Times Square
From The Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler
The Phantom Tollbooth
Sideways Stories from Wayside School

7 Likes

There are some awesome kids story podcasts too, like storynory and circle round.

2 Likes

I grew up listening to Hank the Cowdog audio books :rofl:

6 Likes

What is the philosophy that says that there is nothing original and it’s all been done or discovered before? Specific to art movements

8 Likes

What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.
Ecclesiastes 1:9
(The Bible)

9 Likes

Solomon knew his stuff. Or pretended to. Ain’t nothin new under this here sun.

2 Likes

E. B. White—Charlotte’s Web, Stuart Little, etc. Probably not The Elements of Style, though it might help him fall asleep!

6 Likes

TIL

6 Likes