Random Questions

That’s some expensive tea!

1 Like

It says online that my store is out of stock, but I think I can Get it shipped to me and send it to you. Looks like they only have peach and it’s $5.98 each plus shipping of maybe $5 depending on how many you want and whatever shipping is to you. Let me know if you want some. I’ve never had anything shipped, does it have to come to me, or will they send it to you directly? Probably not?

Amazon was like $22 for two, so pretty expensive here too!

3 Likes

Does anyone have a good shortcut or trick for categorizing your spending on Amazon after the fact?

Quick google-fu suggests it has to be done manually (boo!).

[Before the fact solutions include not ordering on Amazon or using different cc based on the category you are ordering for (and not commingling orders).]

5 Likes

Manually :weary:

I’d love for someone to offer an alternative but I’m yet to find it. Even SirB’s attempt at exporting order numbers and trying to have a spreadsheet auto match them failed. He orders a ton from amazon for work, so it’s an ongoing misery for me.

4 Likes

It is a nightmare.

2 Likes

What should I order for dinner? We have every type of global food and I have no kids around to have to factor in.

7 Likes

My answer is always Thai. Though I have to cook it myself or drive 50 miles to get it.

9 Likes

Ethiopian? I say this not having Ethiopian near me and I’m not sure I’ve ever cooked it for myself.

7 Likes

Vietnamese. Extra spring rolls and bean curds

8 Likes

Ethiopian cooks do ungodly things with lentils. Pho is as good a reason as any to live. You are both very right.

6 Likes

I got pho because I’m a bit pukey and the broth will be wonderful even if I can’t have the ingredients. Thank you for your advice.

12 Likes

If I have an outdoor rated extension cord and run it from the garage, through the pet door and out to the shed, use it for a few hours a day, and unplug from the wall in the garage when not in use is that safe?

2 Likes

I was looking at buying new silverware. Why are new forks enormous? My old forks are normal size.

4 Likes

Yes? I don’t see how different this is from us plugging and unplugging our Christmas lights for 6 weeks every year.
Be careful that it isn’t a tripping hazard, but otherwise go ahead.

5 Likes

As long as the cord itself isn’t at risk of damage, like being mowed, that should be fine!

4 Likes

This is an excellent question and one reason I have weird mismatched silverware.

4 Likes

I feel like I could use one of my newer forks as a weapon. Why is it so heavy, so durable, so sharp?

3 Likes

Maybe you are really Poseidon!

2 Likes

Extremely urgent and intense trident throwing?

3 Likes

Preparing for a move in the spring - anybody have recommendations for saving money on an in-town move for a person who can’t drive?

1 Like