Random Questions

I don’t use prompts, I just launch into a one-sided conversation. My last few are “Today has been a trip.” (That was 1/6.)

“The weather is cold at night but really nice by midday so we have the windows open now. [snapshot in time kind of entry]”

“This is from a few days ago but it’s so frustrating it actually kept me from sleeping. [description of aggravating thing family member did/covid stuff]”

4 Likes

Another random question. Does anyone know what kind of wood this is? The paneling is cedar tongue and groove but the door is a cut hollow core door.

I’d love to put drawers into this closet which would require getting rid of the middle stile. I’d like to just figure out some plywood I could get that could use as drawer fronts on the bottom and doors on the top but I’m kind of stumped about the wood options.

ETA to add photos bc apparently I shouldn’t post first thing in the mornjng

3 Likes

Is there a picture?

2 Likes

Ooops! Edited the post to add it! Thanks.

If it calls for evaporated milk and I use regular milk (for mac n cheese) will it come out bad?

3 Likes

Evaporated milk will seem richer and thicker, and probably emulsifiers better, but you should be fine. Do yo hav3 some cream cheese to add? That seems to emulsify the sauce and make it creamier. You don’t need a lot (a couple of ounces)

4 Likes

I dooo have cream cheese. I will use that too.

I want to hear how it turns out!

Anybody have a Boden referral code they wanna give me?

I’m not 100% sure I’m getting anything, but if I do, I’d like somebody else to get $15.

@HaH always would talk about Boden, but I think she left the forums.

I miss her.

9 Likes

I know this will sound crazy but SO is picky - looking for any American forumers that go to Sam’s Club and would be willing to purchase large crystal lite iced tea Quart tubes/sticks 16 pack in either lemon or peach or both and ship to me in Canada. I will PayPal money and pay for it of course! Please PM me so I don’t clog up the thread.

6 Likes

Found these on Amazon. If that is an option for you.

ETA: also on Boxed (online grocery / household stuff), but not sure if you have access to that in CA

2 Likes

My partner is very very focused on travel, and therefore on being restricted from travel. What rabbit hole can I send him down as a distraction? Like addictive hyperfocused rabbit hole. He needs one

9 Likes

Making his own cheese.

6 Likes

The milk acquisition rabbit hole kept me busy for at least 6 months alone. Cheese is a great hobby to distract from the rest of the world.

6 Likes

3D printing?

7 Likes

Ohhh yes. Yes, good plan you win

5 Likes

The care and feeding of Elles.

11 Likes

I like @Smacky’s idea better.

5 Likes

When he looks at them here it is $30 CAD. :-1:t2:

3 Likes