Random Questions

How much stuff? For smaller moves I hear those Pods work well.

2 Likes

I have a studio apartment, so that might work, thanks! I’ll have to check my building’s moving policies… the one thing I don’t enjoy about apartment life is trying to keep in line with the niche bylaws.

2 Likes

I know our apartment let someone use an empty parking spot for their pod when they filled it, although I think they had to pay spot rent.

Also I know @anomalily did a move entirely by bicycle :joy: so there’s always that option I suppose! Haha.

3 Likes

Burn down the old place, use the insurance money to set up the new place.

14 Likes

Bike move! I have a friend who wrote a book on how to have one!

4 Likes

I’ve gotten in town moves with movers for about $300. Insanely fast and they finish well before their minimum time and then enjoy themselves. I’m not sure renting a truck works out cheaper half the time because then I take all day moving plus hundreds of my extra charges.

3 Likes

I have a new phone. What should my new ring tone be?

For the next couple days, ding dong the witch is dead might be a solid choice :wink:

8 Likes

I was thinking “Hail to the (new) chief”

Though “Final Countdown” could be a good choice

4 Likes

Why is there a thing called Burger Fi and it’s actually about burgers and not financial independence. This has caused some confusion for me while scrolling Instagram.

7 Likes

Their fries are really good though.

2 Likes

Where would y’all suggest trying to sell my skinned muppet coat? It’s a faux fur hipster nonsense, but cost around $300 so I’d like to get something decent back for it. Ebay and Amazon have struck out for sales and I’d rather not go through the trouble of setting up a new account somewhere only to find out it isn’t the right audience again.

3 Likes

I’d worry now isn’t a good time, since there’s so few going out events.

1 Like

I’m hopeful that the overlap between people likely to spend $250 on a purple faux fur coat and people not following covid restrictions is large enough for me to get it out of my closet.

Look at this line of people, almost all maskless, going into a bar in my town at 2pm on a Sunday afternoon.

11 Likes

Dear god. Statement retracted I guess :anguished:

4 Likes

Here’s an even more alarming photo

I’ve sent this to to city, but I doubt anything much will happen.

Florida jazz hands

9 Likes

I was freaked out that I was on a skating rink with 25 semi masked people this weekend

6 Likes

I signed up for Instagram today! I’m one of the cool kids, right? :rofl: but… now I probably need like cute animals to follow. Who do you all like?

7 Likes

LilPup has an account, I could PM you if you’d like to follow her.

2 Likes

Has anyone ever been able to get an online credit report for Equifax? The other two majors, no problem, but Equifax asks random nonsense questions about accounts I don’t have (like mortgages opened last year when we haven’t had a mortgage since 2014). And then declares I am not me when I say the question doesn’t apply. I last successfully got a report from Equifax in 2009, looks like. I don’t know that I could get one by mail since we don’t get postal service at our home address.

4 Likes