Random Questions

For the past month or so, my iPad keeps shutting off when there’s lots of battery left. Like sometimes even 80%. It comes back on within a few minutes but it’s getting annoying. I know games take a lot of battery, but it turns off even plugged in when playing at least one of them. Any ideas why? I’ve done the latest update. Time for a birthday gift to myself?

2 Likes

My phone had been doing this, it’s a battery issue so a new battery was recommend by the internet. Not sure how feasible that is for you and your device. (For mine it’s old enough that replacement batteries are probably crap so I’m getting a new phone soon. Probably joining the Pixel 4a club.)

1 Like

Yessssssss. Join us!

2 Likes

Is there a way to know how old it is? I looked in settings and can’t see a date or anything. I would guess 4 years.

My iPhone shows the battery health but iPad keeps it a secret apparently.

Also… it sometimes dings at me if I use it while it is plugged which is annoying to me and the cat hates.

ETA I think from the model number it is probably 6 years old. Probably time for a new one if it annoys me, (and cat also.)

2 Likes

I mainly know because of when we bought our phones and then finding lots of other people with the same type of phone complaining about the same problem. That doesn’t help you though. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Question for the forum

I’ve become much less swol than I want.
I would like to be more swol.
Said swol should be v gentle.

I can’t tolerate jogging (fucks my hip up) but can do walks and power walks. Obviously dat rona means my gym going of Ye Olden Days is over.

Can anyone recommend a very very gentle easing-into-fitness again plan?

My hips and legs need more muscle to be safe and stable, same with my core/back.
:muscle:

eta: oh yeah. no burpies or jumping jacks.

12 Likes

What equipment do you have? If none, would you like suggestions or just body weight options?

3 Likes

Basically no equipment.
I do have access to a stationary bike tho! As well as a yoga mat LOL.
I would like to keep things body weight and/or using random objects as much as possible. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Following because have definitely noticed more back pain as the gains I had made at the gym were all erased by 9 months of at home.

6 Likes

You might like Foundation Training or Tom Danielson’s Core Advantage. Both are about activating various parts of your core and back for stability & pain relief. Minimal or no equipment. Strength is a factor too but I like how balanced the approach to swol is.

https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D4BOTvaRaDjI

Also City Fit Girls is a low-equipment monthly home program & online community. Haven’t tried it but have heard good things:
https://cityfitgirls.com/strength-club-sign-up

5 Likes

I REALLY like momma strong. You don’t need to be a momma. If you can’t afford monthly payments they will assist. It’s a about functional fitness.

6 Likes

Agree- some of the best gentle and body safe programs I’ve seen are meant to be post partum. I feel like a lot of women’s health problems are only discussed openly once you’re PP, like pelvic floor weakness.

Eta although I will say, the language of some drives me batty. I hate when fitness people call me “mama”. “Okay mamas!” :laughing: makes me grit my teeth.

10 Likes

Why does my dog like to lick the baby’s butt?

6 Likes

Okay. I have a music box, and I’m trying to figure out what song it plays. The last song on this random 2017 album, “mother” by Mano, is the same (it’s literally a recording of the same music box pretty sure). Wondering if anyone can ID it for me?

To quote a vet friend of mine: “dogs are gross” :laughing: and I mean that in the most loving way.

6 Likes

If you are using diaper cream or lotion, the dog might be attracted to that. I have noticed that all of my dogs have wanted to lick hand lotion off of my hands. I discourage this because it might not be good to ingest, and ew…

ETA: anything safe for the skin is probably okay to ingest, but to be on the safe side I discourage them

4 Likes

Dogs also tend to lick pee. LilPup tries to lick pee off plants, plus she’ll try to lick the inside of Latte’s diapers during changes if we’re not vigilant. Since diapers wick and some pee dries on the skin, I imagine that could be at play as well. I’ve read they can tell hormone levels of other dogs and all sorts of stuff by smelling and licking urine :woman_shrugging: Fascinating and gross.

3 Likes

Oh gawd yes - my dog licks pee! And with snow on the ground there are numerous piss-cicles for him to enjoy (otherwise he licks it off of the grass, a rock, a telephone poll, the garbage can, a flagpole…). I discourage this as well, but :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I have been super tight between my shoulder blades for a few days for no obvious reason. Anyone have a good yoga/stretching video that might help loosen me up? I’m suffering.

3 Likes

I’ve used a few of these from Adrienne’s shoulders playlist:

And also her neck tension playlist:

8 Likes