Random Questions

I should probably shovel before I shower, right? Right. It’s going to warm up later so it will be harder to do. But… Ugh.

ETA: I did it! May I have a gold star please? :rofl: It is already getting warm and it was a pain to do and I just want to complain about it.

8 Likes
Summary

None of the kids have anything bad happen to them in season 2.

1 Like

Thank you!! Emmm with the wording though, what about season 3? I think that’s as far as they have on Netflix, and as far as the show goes?

1 Like

I’m thinking of getting a painting commissioned (combo word art/scenery/art-art). But I have no idea where to start. Where do you find people who do that? What’s a reasonable price for something small to medium? Who is good to work with who would be capable of balancing creative control while also giving some general “here’s what I’m thinking, is this good?” requests for stamp of approval before doing the whole project?

Do I just go to etsy? Is etsy where one does stuff? Because I searched paintings on etsy and got um… A lot of NSFW results.

6 Likes

If you have an artist that yu like, or that you know does stuff similar to what you want you could approach them and ask the cost for exactly what you were thinking.

Thats what I did earlier this year.

1 Like

I don’t really have much exposure to art? Mostly I am impressed by the art of people on the forum and I like the art on my tarot cards…

I wonder if the artist who art-ed for my tarot cards is active and does commissions?

I could try to DIY it but I don’t have the skill to do it justice.

4 Likes

This kind of thing is easy for me because I went to art school and my sibling did so all I have to do is go on instagram and scroll around and maybe be nosy in a friend’s friend list etc.

It’s time consuming and maybe won’t work if it’s not your natural “network” but I would honestly go to the instagram page of your local arts college(s), click on the list of followers (most likely a lot of students or alums) and then click around some more to try to find deets on local artists.

5 Likes

I just asked @Oro :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If I wanted something different from their style, there are artists I already follow, but if you don’t know any yet, I would look on Instagram. Look in the “art” hashtag, maybe, or a hashtag for a specific style you like?

5 Likes

ETA: Invites are all claimed! I will definitely post again if I get more.

Would anyone like a free week of meal kits (including free shipping) from EveryPlate (it’s a Blue Apron/Hello Fresh type service)? I ordered from them once and they gave me a bunch of free weeks to give away. If you’re interested, message me your email address and I’ll send you the invite.

3 Likes

I would like to start with daily yoga in 2021, but am overwhelmed by choice. Can anyone recommend a particular video/person? I’m interested in 1) increasing flexibility, 2) starts with easier poses for not-bendy people or is consistent with modifications, 3) 10-15 minutes to start as I also have daily PT exercises. My last criteria is that it not be too flowy and move quickly from pose to pose. I am stiff with connective tissue disease and flowy is too much right now. Any ideas? Thank you!!

4 Likes

No harm to little kids during season 3 either. Sorry for the wording!!

And, yes, S3 is the last one.

3 Likes

I use Down Dog (they probably have New Year’s deals and I believe is free for students/teachers/essential workers for a time period). I like that I can choose difficulty level, time, background sound. I can pause, skip, etc. The only thing that’s not so great is that they don’t seem to have many modifications and it is focused only on the physical aspect of yoga with some light meditation.

ETA: I don’t feel too rushed with flow. I have been using the gentle and beginner settings.

5 Likes

I love Yoga with Adrienne. She’s lovely. She has a pretty wide variety of videos.

9 Likes

I need help figuring out online second hand shopping. I need to replace some stuff without going into a store, so basically I want to find the exact versions of what I have already and the stores have discontinued those. For lightly used second hand brands like Old Navy and Eddie Bauer and Nike, is there a website that would be best? Do people generally put style numbers up?

3 Likes

I have found these brands on ThredUp.

They only carry women’s and children, though, so you’re SOL if your clothes came from a section labeled Men’s.

2 Likes

I think everything I need is “women’s.” I’ve tried ThredUp once and quickly got overwhelmed but I’m down to one pair of jeans so I’ll try again!

1 Like

I’ve looked at her site and was kind of overwhelmed by the sheer number of videos. Is there one in particular you like or a series? I’m intrigued by her 30-day series.

2 Likes

Ooh, nicely priced for the New Year also.

2 Likes

I don’t think I can directly recommend one for your needs, since I have a pretty extensive yoga history. I’m sorry! I’ve heard good things about her beginner 30 day series though.

2 Likes

I use downdog :slight_smile:

2 Likes