Random Questions, Parenting Edition

Love it - thanks u two

2 Likes

Yeah, I totally use the we did it because X, but now Y explanation. We did that a lot because daddy was sick, but now he’s all better. Aren’t we grateful? So let’s do beads instead.

1 Like

Thank you for looking it up! I don’t have much signal, so I can’t get Instagram, but I can get the forum ha ha. I’ve been spending more than an hour, throwing dirt clods at various trees. :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

I want to be clear it’s not like I get easy buy in as a result of these explanations. I just offer them anyway.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

I don’t want anyone getting the wrong ideas :joy:

4 Likes

I do a lot of messy shit like paint that makes me hate myself in other ways

6 Likes

Hahaha yes that always gets the Best Buy in. Laws of nature.

3 Likes

On the topic of beige kid clothes I offer this recent photo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

10 Likes

I think it helps to acknowledge both to yourself and to your child that some things are going to be hard before they are easy, and cutting out screens is definitely one of those things.

We had just come to an agreement that screens were out before school,and now the little boy has been sick for a week and it’s been all the screens, so next week is going to be ugly.

4 Likes

I do not understand how parents convince their kids to wear clothing for instagram. In order for my children to leave wearing clothing at all, I need to be willing to make all the compromises.

I buy “nice” (clothing that I like) for them sometimes and it’s 50/50 if it’s ever worn. If they like it it gets high rotation. If they don’t like it, or worse there is an offensive sensory aspect, its never getting worn.

We do colours but I like colourful things so it’s as much for me as for them.

8 Likes

I know I shouldn’t believe social media etc. but please tell me my baby is normal even though I feel like we can’t take him anywhere without fussing. I see all these YouTuber moms with babies that lay quietly on activity mats and take long naps at restaurants and like….we pushed him to the limit yesterday by going on a 30 min walk to get lunch

10 Likes

“They’re so portable at this age!” …What

4 Likes

Mine was “Put them in the car and drive around, they’ll fall right to sleep!” LULZ NO. Being in the car was a guaranteed way to get him to fight sleep. And no way in hell would he sleep at a restaurant. I called him FOMO baby because he didn’t want to miss out on anything. He’s still FOMO kid.

5 Likes

Kids are all different! Some love to sleep anywhere and everywhere. Some won’t sleep unless they are touching you at all times. Some have to have the perfect situation in order to accomplish anything. Your kid is normal and you are still getting into the swing of things.

8 Likes

LMFAO. Completely normal. IMO once you realize you have a baby who isn’t in the “easy” category, just ignore all stuff that comes from parents of easy babies. They do no get it. It does not compare. Pretend they own a golden retriever and you have a wolf dog. It may be the same species but by god it’s not the same breed of creature :joy:

ETA and don’t worry their day will come. There will be a period when he’s like, 2 and sweet and their kid just pooped in their vent. Kids will even it out eventually, on the whole, generally.

10 Likes

Next step is convincing myself it’s not my fault Ravioli isn’t “easy”

6 Likes

My kid hated the car and being anywhere at really any point that was not on someone’s chest (and sometimes then too). For like 4 months. YMMV.

Also he was not so great at baby carrier for so long. And then he didnt want to be in it.

All these ladies with rubber tits also feeding their baby while it’s in the carrier, that didn’t work for us. My nipples hated it and my son screamed about it.

We were nto portable in other words, but we watched some rad Netflix.

9 Likes

Thanks everyone. Intellectually I know babies are all different and there’s nothing wrong with my baby, he just fusses a lot, and it’s not my fault, and I’m doing my best. But tell that to my feelings!!!

9 Likes