Random Questions, Parenting Edition

Those look nice! I like the graphics, and that it’s not too busy overall.

I just did a version of this for Kiddo but as a one-off thing, feel free to borrow our slightly different list. Edit: for your etsy shop.

Potty/teeth/hair all take place in the bathroom. Get dressed should take place in the bathroom but doesn’t, I should start putting his clothes in there instead of by his shoes. Potty can happen before breakfast but in case it doesn’t having it on there is a good reminder without it turning into an argument.

6 Likes

This is an excellent routine to grow into!

2 Likes

My young-toddler’s routine (she’s probably just barely ready to use checklist format so pictures for everything would be better instead of sub-steps)

Morning:
-Fresh diaper
-Breakfast
-clothes
-Sunblock
-Shoes
-Backpack

• If she wakes up early there is playtime between breakfast and clothes

Evening:
-Dinner
-Run around the house in circles to music
-Bathtime
-Brush Teeth
-Nighttime diaper
-Sleep Sack
-Read Books
-Sunset light while singing songs and moving towards crib

5 Likes

I’m so glad to see this is on your list too :joy:

5 Likes

It’s so neat seeing everyone’s routines! Around here we have:

Morning:

• Wake Up
  • Pull Up off and Underpants On
  • Breakfast + Medicine (iron)
  • Get Dressed
  • Brush Teeth
  • Play Time

Evening:

• Dinner + Medicine
  • Play time / Get energy out
  • Brush Teeth
  • Bath (but only soap 2x per week)
  • Pajamas
  • Story time with mama
  • Rock + Sing
  • Lights out and in bed
  • Mama shuts the door and leaves
  • Fall asleep on your own
4 Likes

I almost called you out when I wrote it lol. Mostly we are clothed :rofl:. The song of the week is “Run baby run” but sometimes it’s more random. We also play “go go go” a lot where mom is forced to sit on the floor and dad is definitely not allowed to sit on the floor because he has to chase the toddler around saying “go go go!”

5 Likes

Wait the Jay Hardway one??

One of Latte’s old running songs was “born to run” by Red Parker haha.

3 Likes

Hahaha I wish … Animated "Run Baby Run" by Casper Baby Pants with Lyrics - YouTube

4 Likes

:rofl: okay very different vibe. Sorry, EDM baby over here has been addicted to the drop since she was in utero.

6 Likes

Run baby run. Run run baby run

3 Likes

Hahaha we also have an EDM baby over here, nightly, naked (toddler only) dance party after dinner and before shower.

2 Likes

My toddler runs anytime her nappy is removed. The bigger one used to have nightly naked runs through the house before pjs. We might being that back as part of getting their wiggles out…

The little one LOVES curtains. Perfect as a makeshift tent, and there is always a chance a cat is hiding behind one for her to pat! So far this is OK because she hasn’t tried swinging from them etc.

3 Likes

Well shoot, now I feel like I’m missing out on running around nude as the beat drops every night. What am I doing with my life!

4 Likes

Something to look forward to!!

3 Likes

Haha yes when we potty trained Latte, first undies and park day SirB was like “oh my god she’s even faster without a diaper. This was a mistake. Is it too late? Can we go back???”

4 Likes

They are faster! This one isnt even in a cloth nappy, just a disposable and she ZOOMS (and cackles) as soon as nappy leaves bottom.

4 Likes

I don’t know if my kids have ever been through the house unclothed. Possibly they are missing an essential part of their childhood?

We have a list too. It looks like this because I can’t draw, but my kid can’t read. I would definitely have considered purchasing one from Etsy if I knew that was a thing.

She sings the whole list to the tune of Daniel Tiger’s list for getting ready.

5 Likes

We’ve gone from a nearly 5AM wake up time to a 330AM wake up time. Bed time and nap time have not changed. This is at 2-3 days in a row.

Ideas?!

3 Likes

Dislike!

I hesitate to provide advice because I suspect that our children (and maybe parenting styles) are different.

For Pipsqueak, as long as she’s not sick, teething, or in her first 2-3 weeks at a new daycare, we usually let her cry for 5-10 minutes and often that’s enough that she’ll go back to sleep. If she’s getting extremely worked up we’ll go in sooner and do one of two things:

1. Pick her up briefly for a hug/cuddle and then lay her back down and rub her back for a minute before leaving the room again (total time in the room is 2-3 minutes and I never sit down)
  2. Lay on the floor next to her crib while she works on calming down and going to sleep. Sometimes this involves softly assuring her that someone is still there but it’s nighttime and we are going to close our eyes and go back to sleep.

Major disclaimers: there is only one baby in our house so crying will not wake up a sibling. Pipsqueak has never coslept (by her choice as much as ours). If she’s sick she will fall asleep with me in the glider but otherwise it she just wants to talk and play if she’s with an adult in a lap or bed.

3 Likes

I wait if she’s grumbling/protest crying (will often go back to sleep after a moment) but not “crying/upset” because yeah, my kids will escalate from that one and its an hour of terror for them even after I pick them up (probably what I messed up the other night, tried to put back in cot while upset crying and that made it all worse). Personalities, eh?

Hmm. Ok so in the morning she clearly has her “I’m awake!” Voice and is using that. She always calls out “Mama!” After that, very different from her calling out/cries for milk during the night. Hmm. I don’t want her to think I won’t come, but I can wait 5 minutes after the first “Mama!” (Which is probably 10 minutes after the first “I’m awake!” sound and see what happens.

3 Likes