Random Questions, Parenting Edition

Yeah if it’s a really pronounced effect my money would be on vitamin D since it’s actually a direct action hormone, not just a vitamin.

4 Likes

And yes you can get vitamin D on its own. Tease out variables.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll grab a vitamin D supplement alone (or the tri vi sol which doesn’t have iron) and se what happens…

3 Likes

Worth a try! If it works well you can also play with morning dosing versus afternoon and see what gives you the best effect.

Oh and with or without fat containing foods.

2 Likes

With is easy. This kid is a huge fan of avocado and butter (will like just… Grab the butter while I’m cooking and bite out a chunk)

7 Likes

Knows what her body needs! Myelinate that shiz girl!

5 Likes

Life kit is just! So good!

5 Likes

How much butter is it okay to let my child just eat in chomps?

4 Likes

Depends on the poo is my theory. I also try to add other fatty foods like sardines and peanut butter and flax oil during butter phases.

5 Likes

lol. Ravioli did not have this. But would she be interested in butter ON other things, or do you think she’s just liking the chomp feel

3 Likes

IDK about mini grey, but my butter monsters will respond by licking the butter off. As a little kid my grandparents gave me a liqeur glass of cream after dinner, so I understand their point of view.

8 Likes

Idk she loves corn on the cob but when I tried to swap her stick of butter with a buttered corn cob she got mad.

Very into lots of fatty foods lately - avocado, cream cheese, really any cheese. Peanut butter. Almond butter.

Ok I have lots of questions today.

1. What is the oldest leftover you would feed a 1 year old? I’ll eat chili I made Monday but I’m not sure if I should let her eat it.

3… I forgot 3. Standby for brain reboot.

7 Likes

I throw leftovers out within a week if not eaten. Unless it’s fish. Then it gets 1 day instead lol. Too many bad experiences

4 Likes

As long as it sniffs ok, tastes ok, and I would eat it, I’d feed it to the one year old

4 Likes

Oh right. Mo keeps trying to steal the cat’s baby blanket. Where do you get really soft blankets? Like little ones that are more comfort objects than bedding?

1 Like

If I would eat it or feed it to Mr. Meer, I’d let my kid eat it.

Also I’m over here cheering all the fat-food seeking. My string-bean kid wanted ramen for breakfast and I added butter to it and I have half an avocado with his name on it for after school. Tomorrow (because I was magically with it today to prep it) he’ll get a peanut butter and chocolate smoothie as second breakfast.

7 Likes

I’m glad for it. My kid is average for height but below average for weight. Bulk up buttercup.

2 Likes

I bet the answer is target. Everything is at target.

2 Likes

Umm cut up microfleece? Isn’t that a fabric that’s really soft and doesn’t need hemming? So you could get a yard or so of it and cut up smaller sections, easy peasy. Just thinking of comfort object fabric swatch (tea towel size maybe) being easier to deal with than a bigger thing.

3 Likes